Venous leak surgery

Previous topic - Next topic

poppedknob

I'm very interested in the types, methods, effectiveness, cost etc of venous leak surgery.  30 years old, and I've had this condition since before i knew what sex was as a part of a now virtually self corrected Peyronie's. I've never once had an erection without manual assistance or some kind of constriction, and even not satisfactory with that to have sex.  Reason why it has taken so long to realize this is because I have been confronted by every doctor I've ever conversed about the subject that it is likely psychological, chemical, dietary until just recently having been confirmed.

Any comments resources or recommendations are welcome

MattFoley

I've never heard of this type of surgery so anything you can add would be great.

I asked my urologist and he said closing off some veins to stop out-flow wouldn't work but I'm not sure he's right.
Got Testosterone?

skunkworks

There are a few methods available but this is the one which sounds most promising to me - http://www.jvir.org/article/S1051-0443%2814%2900046-3/abstract . I think the specific name of the surgical procedure is anterograde embolization of the periprostatic venous plexus (AEPV) via percutaneous access of the deep dorsal vein of the penis. Should be done by an interventional radiologist.

The more traditional vein ligature type surgery has a much lower rate of success [Long-term results of the veno-occlusive percutaneous treatment of erectile disorders of venous origin]. - PubMed - NCBI

This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Pfract

Currently, the best treatment there is for venous leak, is the sclerotherapy. But the success rate is non existent practically, although there are improvements. How do you know you have a venous leak and not arterie blockage?  Where and when did you do exams?  

skunkworks

pfract how could schlerotherapy be the best treatment if the success rate is (according to your post) non existent? Especially when the post directly before yours features a study on treating venous leakage with embolisation, which had a success rate of just under 90%.

Interventional radiologists have been successfully treating venous leakage for years now, it is a mystery to me why so few people know about the procedure.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

lonelyboy

I'd be interested in something that lasted more than a year  :(

Vetuser

Guys ! Help me ! Who is the best doctor who can help with venous leak in the US or EU ?  

Willywonka

Sorry, I don't have a direct answer for you. But I can tell you that I had the (then, in 1988) conventional venous leak surgery (they just snip a vein, in simplistic terms), and got five good years out of it. I'd have it again if it was possible! Because it doesn't have a good long term success rate this surgery has become unpopular.

However it seems this kind of surgery is still done for very specifically suitable cases. See London Andrology website (Surgical Treatment For Erectile Dysfunction - International Andrology London) under "Venoligation or Sclerotherapy" - it says "...only appropriate for young men with lifelong chronic erectile dysfunction and abnormal ultrasound parameters suggestive of a specific venous leak..". Does that sound like you?

hidden88

Do you remember how much yuo paid for the surgery? And when it was?

Unfortunately, most insurance companies do not cover sexual dysfunction or male fertility consultations and most of our patients are self-financing.
Link to commercial site deleted by moderator

Quote deleted by moderator. Please read the forum rules. Answer by "REPLY" and not by "Quote" button.

Flo

QuoteHi Guys

I have also a venous lekkage, what to do??

Well, you can start by looking at post and thread dates for example. Secondly, you can read the amazing amount of  penile implant diaries there are here. Thread locked for being too old and not updated.
If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions