Anyone tried heliotherapy, as it is so called?

Previous topic - Next topic

rodolfodelatorre

I believe it is considered alternative therapy, but anyway, I read online that one of the solutions for Peyronie's is to use the sun as a method of curing oneself. People have used every other method under the sun, but they forget the very thing under their noses ! Heh

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this or can attest to anything positive? I know that the sun is a tricky situation being that it can cause cancer and sunburns, but I know that it can also cure something like stretch marks (based on anecdotal evidence from my friend), and that itself is thought to be something incurable by the skin community. Maybe if it's tweaked right, like if people use sunblock each and every time they sunbathe, it might result in something good. It's what I'm gonna try.

Trouble is, there's no way to getting the sun on your private parts, unless you own an area where you can do that without fear of other people lookin at ya, sunbathin like a turkey.

Suggestions? I know that nudist colonies might be eager to help out with this, but not that many people are open to those type of subcultures and so I'm not sure what options people have...

goodluck

What is the mechanism at work behind this theory?  Would a Sun lamp cover it?

rodolfodelatorre

Dude, I have no idea. Your guess is as good as mine, but in general, the scientific community is split on whether it's bunkum or not. The people that advocate it say it has to do with chemicals being released when making contact with the skin and vitamins being synthesized (In the case of Vitamin D) for the epidermis. I am no expert on this at all, but I would assume it's the same process or mechanism behind the sun making contact with the Peyronie's disease.

I am reading online and UV radiation is a big thing for like health benefits, but I don't know if it's any different from a lamp or from the sun directly.