Traction/VED to prevent peyronie's?

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveo

I'm wondering if anyone has injured his penis after having purchased a traction device and/or VED for unrelated peyronies symptoms, and then used the device to prevent the new injury from turning into peyronies?

Or, on the other hand, are there any guys here who were on a regular regimen of traction and saw their peyronie's get worse or a new point of curvature/indentation begin?

Thanks very much.

LWillisjr

There are a few posts on the forum where guys were to agressive with both traction and/or VED usage. Either by applying to much traction force or applying too much vacuum with a VED.

Seems to be the side effect of looking for the 'quick fix' for Peyronies disease.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Stabler

I have what may be an odd question....

It seems that if I am reading and understanding correctly, that a traction device should only be worn for like 2 hours and then should be removed for a period of time. But I believe that I have read posts where some members are wearing these devices for MANY hours some over night even, doesn't this cause more damage than it does do good? Is their thinking that the longer they wear it the better "treatment" they are getting, and do the urologists instruct you on how to use these devices or are you on your own to figure it out?

Hugs Mamma  :)
Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

Old Man

Stabler67:

You are 100% right about using either of these devices for periods of time longer than that suggested or prescribed. Over pumping vacuum pressure with a VED certainly will only lead to more trauma to ones penis. Then, leaving a traction device coupled to ones penis for very long and extended periods of time will also only lead to further trauma.

I have seen posts on this forum where men left a traction device on so long that his glans turned blue and lost all sensitivity.

I can only state that IMHO that any device used to help with Peyronies Disease, ED and any other men's health problem should be used with caution and common sense. I say, let the body tell the user when there is pain or discomfort and the device usage should be stopped immediately.

The above is just my considered opinion from personal experience with members on this forum and working with my personal uro when she referred some of her patients to me for a one on one consult, etc.

Just hope that the above will lead any member using VEDs and/or traction devices that will use this post as a warning.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

Stabler

Thank you Old Man,

I get questions at times about the traction and VED from women in the forum and just want to make sure I am giving out correct information. I of course lead them to these boards to read but I always try to answer them personally as well.

Hugs Mamma

Moderator since 2015- Missouri- I work in the medical field and have strong knowledge of insurance and how to obtain coverage for medication and other treatments. Being a woman I do not have Peyronies but you can ask me anything. I am happy to help.

kuaka

Any "new" injury to the Penis needs to be approached on an individual basis...what exactly is the nature of the injury?, etc...

Since I attribute the abstinence phase of my reboot from PIED with being a contributing factor, it is quite possible that had I been doing VED therapy all during that time I might NOT have developed PDS.

Take good heed to Old Man's warnings though.  It is a fine line between keeping scaring from shutting you down and causing additional injury, which only stimulates more scarring.

race2end

Yes, after 5 days using traction at its least tension, I still seemed to have re-injured a bit. Better now with no pain when flaccid, but I do think I have more scar tissue a week after stopping the procedure. I was using it 2 hours a night. No more, just Pentox now 2x400mg a day per doc). IMO be careful (I was), go slow(I was) and ramp up time slowly ( I did not). Take breaks as needed as well (I did not).
I have no physical change when erect, yet (have this disease about 2-3m now). If I get that, I may try traction again.