SDSM - Penile Revascularization Surgery - Penile Fracture and Artery Blockage

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfract

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wlQB23osRU

Very interesting video for the ones who are now suffering from erectile dysfunction following a penile fracture. While this might not be the exact solution for you situation, i hope it raises awareness for the need of correctly diagnosing to know exactly why one is suffering from ED and better pursue it's treatment...

lonelyboy

yyy

dreadful and interesting at the same time. I'm curious on what can be the % of success, and the % of worsening afer this procedure.

krazylord

I have my own personal experience with Dr. Irwin but I don't want to discourage others to seek for help. But he is the kind of doctor that he will not try to excel and go beyond his comfort zone to help you.

He told me the first time that I went that I needed injections (something that can actually make it worse long-term) and that I will need an implant. ALl of this while I CAN have erections even though I have some difficulties after a trauma.

He would even say that penile deformations that dont affect the full erection are a "waste of time" trying to figure out. That was a quote. So it is a "waste of time" for him helping a patient to understand what's going on.

With regards to the video, I have no experience with that, so I can't comment. Just thought I would give my 2 cents on the doctor.

Cheers.

yyy

I have your same issues, I can achieve erections but the quality is not good due to a surgical trauma, and a recent ultrasound showed the right arthery not working properly. The doctor said the issue is most likely congenital, who know if it's true or not. The only sure thing is that I will never consider an implant either.

Pfract

"I have my own personal experience with Dr. Irwin but I don't want to discourage others to seek for help. But he is the kind of doctor that he will not try to excel and go beyond his comfort zone to help you.

He told me the first time that I went that I needed injections (something that can actually make it worse long-term) and that I will need an implant. ALl of this while I CAN have erections even though I have some difficulties after a trauma.

He would even say that penile deformations that dont affect the full erection are a "waste of time" trying to figure out. That was a quote. So it is a "waste of time" for him helping a patient to understand what's going on.

With regards to the video, I have no experience with that, so I can't comment. Just thought I would give my 2 cents on the doctor."

Not saying hat it cannot happen, but how long ago was that? where did you go to meet him?

Could you be specific as what your trauma was, and why he did recommend you the injections? And that is a possibility  but not everybody has scarring due to injections...

krazylord

That was last summer. I injured myself using a traction device about 10 days 3 hours a day. The morfology of my penis has changed dramatically in flaccid/semi-erect although in full erection it is still ok. Also developed ED. Been fighting it since then.

I don't know why he recommended injections, but he recommended me that before even asking me to try PDE-5, and before even talking about the stem cell trial he was doing. it/s funny that he goes to TV in San Diego saying that his trial could lead to a cure, and then he says to his patients, like me, that they need an implant without even suggesting to try the trial.

I could say a lot more things, but I prefer not to.

Thanks.

yyy

it seems to be the typical answer of a medium-class urologist. I already wasted too much money for those kind of replies.  

DanMitroi

Many doctors have their comfort zone, this is true. But there are plenty of options when choosing your urologist.
How to choose the right one?

1. Shortlist
2. Credentials
3. Board Certification

Common questions to address before taking a penile surgery:

What should I expect from the surgery?
What should I do before/after the surgery?
How long should I be staying in India?
Are there alternatives?
What are the complete costs?
What are the risks of the surgery?

Hope that helps

Regards

Pfract

I don't have any particular hardon for this Dr, but he is considered one of the best doctors in America on Sexual medicine and he is practically the only one doing this surgery, with around 1500 done so far, in 20 years.... +/-.

It's the end of the line, for patients like i, that fractured their penises... that last hope for a normal life, or a life with ED.