I had Xiaflex

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Garcia

This is my first post and I want to share my Ziaflex experience.  I have been through 4 cycles of injections and during this time it seems my calcium buildup has increased.  I have not seen the results I was hoping for although after the last round (4th) of injections I did see a slight improvement of my indentions. My penis has just a slight angle to it although my problem is that I have sharp indentions on both sides at the base of my penis.  Looks like and old coke bottle with the indentions on both sides.  I have spoken to my insurance  company and they have approved a 5th and 6th round of injections.  Living on the edge a bit but got excited about the slight improvement after the 4th round.  One thing that I must take into consideration is that I am the first patience my Urologist has ever injected with Ziaflex.  Needless to say that he struggled to get the needle in the calcium areas the first round.  He had a Ziaflex rep there  and I felt like a punch rug as they inserted the needle multiple times.  Because of this, I am not sure if the first 2 rounds of shots were even positioned correctly.  I am hopeful for the next 2 rounds and will keep this forum posted.