Young Guy, Minor Case Following Health Problems

Previous topic - Next topic

Concentration Cramps

Hello all,

I'm a comparatively young guy at 25, and I developed what my urologist and I consider to be a mild case of Peyronie's disease following some health problems.

Back in the winter, I went to the emergency room because my penis was cold, fairly numb, and feeling firm and rubbery even though it was physically smaller than it would typically be in its flaccid state. I was also experiencing pain in my pelvic floor during urination. Fairly alarming symptoms, and when I arrived at the hospital, I was seen immediately. The ER doctor called a urologist and described my symptoms, and together they gave a diagnosis of priapism, but not typical, occlusive form of priapism. I was given an appointment with that same urologist the following morning. He diagnosed me with high-flow priapism, also known as arterial priapism. I was told to wait and see, because it usually resolves itself and it's better to try to let it resolve conservatively than get invasive early on. One theory was that the stimulant medication that I am on for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder was to blame for the priapism, so I was instructed to stop taking the medication for a period of time, and see if it spontaneously resolves. Stimulant cessation had no effect.

Fast forward one month, I noticed that I was having slight discomfort on the left side of my penile shaft immediately below the glans. I developed a slight visible indentation on the left side at flaccid. I also had swelling along the left corpora. The appearance was as if someone had put a piece of Scotch tape over the end of my left corpora. At this point, I also became very ill. I had a high fever and was confined to the fetal position except to urinate, which I was doing 4-6 times per hour at a minimum. At this time, I also had burning in the pubic floor following urination, and sharp pain in the pubic floor immediately following ejaculation. I went to a doctor and was diagnosed with pretty serious bacterial prostatitis, and given a large dosage of a powerful antibiotic, beginning with a 1-month supply, but I was told that there was a good chance that I would need to refill. I took notes, and it wasn't until the 22nd day that I began to feel the antibiotic making a difference. I ended up passing kidney stones, which I was told were actually infection stones--clusters of infection that my body was passing as the infection cleared up. It took a long time to clear up the prostatitis. I was unable to work at all, due both to feeling physically drained and to the fact that I was needing to urinate way too frequently.

Interestingly, I had been treated for a very deep kidney infection almost exactly one year ago, and it was hypothesized that this infection hadn't been entirely eradicated, and perhaps managed to spread and try to conquer my prostate ~6-8 months later.

The indentation on my penile shaft had progressed to include a palpable plaque on the left side, and grown to include a plaque on the top, a few centimetres below the glans. I had progressed from a visible indentation and swelling on the left side of the shaft, to a physically deformed erection. It now bent to the left, the same side as the plaque, and the swelling along the left corpora was the result the plaque kind of clamping down early on the end of the corpora, causing the corpora below the plaque to appear overfilled. My shaft also bent upward, with the plaque on top as the start of the upward bend. So my glans was pointed up and to the left. I returned to the urologist a few months ago, who was quite surprised to see what had developed, and told me to wait and see but to return to him immediately if it appeared to worsen. He was quite hopeful that my age and the fact that my illness had cleared up would allow the condition to right itself. I happen to be above average in both length and girth, and he mentioned that men who are above average in size can be more susceptible to physical traumas to the penis. My (long term)girlfriend took notice of the change in shape and even mentioned that it felt a bit strange to her at that time.

Fast forward to now, and I've been steadily improving ever since then. The plaques are obviously softening on an almost daily basis. The bend continues to resolve, and I'm now back to the point that it's almost only an indentation on the left side again, with a very slight leftward bend. The upward bend is decreasing consistently as well. I had lost length for a while, and that is also returning.

With this recovery, the urologist can only hypothesize. Maybe it was unrelated to the illness. Maybe the swelling of prostatitis disrupted blood flow enough to prevent proper healing of a minor sex injury.

I am sympathetic to the idea that the root cause was injury, because as I said above I do have extra length. I have on prior occasions "stubbed", so to speak, my penis inside of a sexual partner. It's usually painful for the partner before it's actually painful for me. It has never caused a lasting injury before, but these different circumstances could certainly have affected normal healing of microtrauma.

Best regards

wonderbread1662

Glad to hear your symptoms have been improving. What ever you are doing is working. Welcome to the forums. Also the name gave me a chuckle and now I feel bad.