Warm Soaks+Traction

Previous topic - Next topic

Dared

He guys,
I'm doing traction with a phallosan and recently I've been experimenting with getting more hours in directly after I take a hot bath.  What I've noticed is that if i put the device on without a soak, it seems my penis takes a few hours to fully stretch out to it's full length whereas after the soak it stretches out to it's full length within minutes. In other words, it seems as if my penile tissue is more flexible and less resistant to the tension after a warm soak.  Perhaps this is beneficial to getting quicker/better results from the traction? Again, this is complete conjecture, combined with observation but I'm interested what you guys think and if any of you have any experience combing heat therapy (warm soaks) with traction. Thanks in advance.

Jared.

skunkworks

Yes quite a few people here try to use heat to warm up before (and during) traction. I use a microwavable heating bag, full of i don't know what, heat holding beads of some kind. Looks like a rectangular bean bag  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Dared

Interesting Skunkworks, is there any real evidence that this makes the traction more effective?

skunkworks

Nope, but this condition on the whole is poorly researched so that is not surprising. Doesn't mean it doesn't help, we just don't know. "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

Heat in and of itself is a treatment for Peyronie's with some evidence behind it though, so it's not a big jump - Role of hyperthermia in the treatment of Peyronie's disease: a preliminary study. - PubMed - NCBI
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]