No diagnosis but suspect Peyronies, advice appreciated!

Previous topic - Next topic

Riggs

To cut a long story short i was a fit and healthy young 19 year old about 16 months ago but came down with what i thought a normal stomach bug/virus but it hit me pretty hard and have had several problems with my health since, one of those being what i believe to be peyronies.

About 4 months after first becoming unwell, i started to notice slight curvature in my penis and slight pain, nothing significant but i was aware of it. Over the past 12 months the pain has been on and off but is quite bad at the moment, and the curvature has increased, i couldn't give you an exact on how many degrees but it is abnormal from what it what before. I saw a urologist around 4 months ago and he told me he was 100% sure it wasn't peyronies which i was quite annoyed about him being so dismissive, he just observed the penis in a flaccid state, felt for plaque and said he couldnt feel anything or see anything wrong and sent me on my way.

Now as much as people have told me that the doctor must know more than me and must be right i am in no way convinced. The idea of peyronies may seem strange to start at the age of 20 but i believe that to be the case. I have two raised lumps that almost look like swollen veins on the lower side of my shaft, that is where the pain resides and the curvature is to the left and slightly upwards which all adds up in my opinion. I am not in a relationship so could not tell you if it affects me in that respect but i do know that the pain and curvature is enough to concern me and get me down and worry about future relationships. I don't seem to have problems getting erections, they are relatively stable so i suppose that is a positive.

But i have only seen the one urologist and he shrugged me off so easily, the fact that 12 months has passed all i have done is some vitamin E due to my own research i feel as if i have wasted valuable time but of course i'm no expert! Any advice about whether it sounds like peyronies or what steps i should take would be greatly appreciated :)  

kuaka

Peyronie's is basically a special case of fibrosis.  It is scar tissue developing on the Tunica.  It can be caused by all sorts of things.  I would recommend hitting the list on here about Peyronie's aware Drs in your area.  If the curvature is enough to prevent normal function and/or is "new", like you say, then it is DEFINITELY something to be concerned about.  Fire your Dr and find one who is actually interested in your health.

peyroniessucks77

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Sorry you are here but glad you found us none the less. Read as much as you can here and ask questions. If you need to talk in private, message me at columbiaracingfan@yahoo.com I tried to message you but says you are not able to receive messages.

Jonbinspain

I'm not sure that you have peyronies, but if there is still pain, then something is not right. The point is that although we're all here to help, we're not doctors. You need to see another Urologist. A more competent one this time. Whether  Peyronies or not, a diagnosis is needed.  

Riggs

Thanks for the feedback! @Jonbinspain, i completely agree i do need to see another urologist! I think the reason i havent seen another is i have other health problems that affect me day to day so i kind of put this on the back burner, i had pain to start then i reduced my sexual activity significantly and obviously not using it helped reduce the pain but i've started using it more now and the pain has increased, i do see where you are coming from as i have read over 12 months is where the pain usually subsides, is that the reason you think it isn't peyronies? I myself feel like it must be peyronies due to the symptoms and progression but you are right i definitely need a diagnosis, although in the UK i am unsure where to find a competent urologist who specalises in peyronies or at least it well educated on it, as i said the one i saw completely brushed it off and said he was 100% with hardly any inspection!  

Riggs

@kuaka Thank you for the advice :) Alot of people doctors included are telling me that it is not much worry about, which i completely disagree with, as much as urologists are qualified, they dont know the change from before to after and say things such as some curvature is normal, well i don't remember two raised hard lumps being there before but again my urologist was very dismissive!I think it may be due to my age, as of the current moment i am not in a relationship so i can't say how much it affects me in that respect but for now the curvature is pretty depressing just in a visual sense and the pain is enough to worry me as well! So i definitely think another urologist and second opinion is much needed and i will sort something out soon :)

Jonbinspain

Riggs;

You're welcome. I think you need to get a diagnosis for your own peace of mind. Peyronies, or not, you need to know what the problem is.

kuaka

Riggs;

As Jonbinspain said, it may not be Peyronie's, but taking your condition with the appropriate level of seriousness it deserves is something you need to find in a Dr.  One thing I do know is that if you nothing, one of two things will happen.  You will either continue to be as you are or it will worsen.  The probability of it just going away on its own is little enough to be discarded from consideration, even though it has been known to happen.  If you find a Dr. who is at the very least a Peyronie's aware one, whether or not they are specialized in treatment, you will get much better results.

As far as treatment goes, you will probably find more information here than even at any particular one of the Peyronie's aware Drs. out there.

Good luck.