Starting VED

Previous topic - Next topic

Giraffe

Ordered a Vitality OTC VED on June 15 at 11:00pm, received it on June 18 at 10:00am.  Read through the manual.  Read the newest VED protocol as listed on this board.  I gave it a trial run today to get familiar with the operation. Easy peasy.
My one question has to do with standing or sitting during the use.  The OTC manual said to stand while performing the exercises.  With my partial foot amputations, I have a difficult time standing that long in one place.  Do any of you perform the VED exercises while sitting?

Glassglue

I have the same pump. Always use it sitting down. Didn't know any better and it hasn't seemed to hurt anything.  

Jonbinspain

I've used it both sitting and even partially laying down. The main thing is to avoid over pumping and potentially causing further damage.

dapaham

I also have disability problems and therefore carry out my VED session lying down. I've found that if you put a pillow on, or between your legs, you can prop the VED cylinder on the pillow and this leaves one hand free to read a book or drink some coffee etc.

Good luck.

Old Man

VED users:

Need to inject my 2 cents into this conversation. The question about sitting, laying down or standing has very little to with the method of using a VED. Some positions work better than others.

However, standing will give the better blood flow into ones groin area since blood tends to gravitate to the lower body, hence standing provides more blood. This is the recommended position for using VEDs in the protocol for that reason.

Now, if the user has physical disabilities that preclude using the standing position, by all means use the best position that one can tolerate without causing further pain or discomfort. You simply experiment with the varying positions to see which one best fits your individual situation.

If questions arise, just contact me by PM and I will be glad to work out any problem(s) that occurs for anyone.

Old Man

Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.