Compression temporarily reduces size of new nodules

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveo

Through my own dumb actions, I reinjured my penis a couple of months ago and have been witnessing the growth of two BB-sized nodules on the shaft of my penis (in addition to the larger dorsal plaque that formed about 15 months ago due to another trauma.)  They have produced little curvature at this point, but they may in the future.  Needless to say I've doubled up on my meds, traction and VED use.

When my penis is small and "hard flaccid" (due to cold or stress), the nodules are quite palpable and can even be seen very slightly as raised bumps well below the skin.  When the penis is softer and longer, they can barely be felt and can't be seen.

But what's interesting is that if I press down on them with a finger for 30-60 seconds, they get a great deal smaller for a few minutes.  If I press down on them continually for several minutes, letting up every 30 seconds or so for a moment to let some blood come back into the area, I can almost make them disappear completely for a good 20-30 minutes.

And more interesting is that my original dorsal peyronie's plaque, which hasn't changed in about a year, does the same thing but to a lesser extent.  Its sharply defined shape softens slightly under compression and it seems to "melt" into more of a smooth blob before returning to its normal size/shape later.

I've searched and found lots of info about compression therapy for keloid and hypertrophic scars on other parts of the body (using compression garments) but almost nothing about compression and Peyronie's.  It tends to go against the common idea that one wants to get as much blood to the plaque as possible for as much time as possible.

The penis-enlargement guys speak of something they call "traction wrapping" which uses a stretchy bandage wrapped around the penis to keep it elongated for an extended period of time (I have no idea if this is a good idea or not). But I haven't heard of compression therapy for Peyronie's.

Just thought I'd bring my personal observation up: specifically, that new nodules tend to reduce in size temporarily with localized compression.  I don't know if it's meaningful or not.