Failed Plication, Considering 2nd Op

Previous topic - Next topic

Book Chin

Hey guys,

I underwent plication surgery for a 40 deg lateral bend about five days ago.  Only on the second night after surgery, I woke up with a raging (and quite painful) nocturnal erection; strangely, just as I awoke, I experienced a "pop" noise/sensation in the erection.  Naturally, I panicked and rushed to the bathroom to examine my penis.  I quickly noticed a light bruise forming in the place where the internal sutures had been placed, seemingly confirming my worst suspicion: that the sutures had somehow broken due to the pressure of my erection.  I made an emergency call to my surgeon (who is an experienced and respected urologist), and met him early in the AM.  He was completely dismissive of the possibility that anything had gone wrong with the plication sutures, as the tensile strength of the nylon couldn't possibly be overcome by the pressure of an erection.  He claimed that among the countless plication surgeries he has performed, he has never heard of anyone experiencing suture failure.  He dismissed the bruising as a broken blood vessel and advised me to bandage the site.  He could not, however, explain the "pop".

As I was experiencing pain and following his suggestion to keep the area tightly wrapped, I could not properly examine my erections for the next couple of nights to see whether there had been any recurrence in curvature.  In the meantime, I did an online consultation with a urological surgeon to see if he might have some insight into the event and its subsequent symptoms.  His best guess was that this was a case of "cut-through", where the pressure caused by the erection causes the sutures to essentially slice through the portion of the tunica that they are constricting.  He said this would explain both the "pop" and the bruising/hematoma.  When I ran this by my urologist the next day, he practically scoffed at the possibility, saying that the tunica tissue is too tough for that to happen, even though I explained that I came across plenty of online resources where "cut-through" had been reported as a phenomenon.

Yesterday I unwrapped my penis, and, sure enough, after examining yet another one of my raging nocturnal erections last night, it appears as if the original curve has completely returned.  What bum luck.  I am obviously displeased, and I have been fantasizing about punching my uro in the face repeatedly until he admits that he is a hack, but I know that that won't solve anything, and that my case is clearly an anomaly that he couldn't have predicted or prevented by any means.  Either way, I think I'm going to consult with another surgeon about having a second operation.  I'm wondering, has anyone on here had anything close to this sort of experience?  Has anyone sought a second surgery?  Does anyone have any thoughts on how long I will have to wait, in terms of healing from the first surgery, before undergoing a second?

LWillisjr

I would get to someone else ASAP and not wait. Maybe it is best for it NOT to heal up in this condition. Only a surgeon can answer this question for you.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Jack1909

Many surgeons usually prescribe patients to take some anti androgen drugs to prevent suture rupture. Has your surgeon did it?

I happened the same to me when I was 18. Powerful teenager erections during night, no drugs that inhibit erections, suture rupture. My penis came back the same shape it was.

31 yrs old
Severe congenital curvature. 3 straightening surgeries
Big lump/stitch w/ left deviation after 2012 surgery
Severe ED after last one in 2014. Still crooked
Slightly improved w/ shockwave therapy
Looks like only one side of my penis works

6inchcowboy

I had same curvature and same operation done 23 days ago. And the same thing happened to me except mine did the cut through 2 weeks after surgery instead of 5 days. And can easily see my curvature has returned. The doctors stacked on appointments and and have been waiting for almost a week and a halve to see him. I'm thinking about running to another surgeon but don't have a clue who would be any better. Have any suggestions?

yyy

Dr. Lue seems to be the best for plications