Seeking advice for STAGE procedure

Previous topic - Next topic

micmelb

hey guys ive recently found this forum and happy to see that there are a lot of people out there with my problem.

Im 27 years old and have had penile curvature since i can remember, my curve was on a 45* angle and i was wanting to correct this as i have always felt insecure and lacked confidence sexually due to this.

I researched and went to urologists that turned me away telling me that there was nothing they could do and to rub vitamin e cream on the curve and hope for the best. I was extremely disappointed and kept researching and followed my parents advice on surgery in Australia and found a dr called dr.chris love at bayside urology in mentone in melbourne who was reputable. He gave me great news and said there was a safe and easy procedure called nesbit.

I had it done but was very unhappy with the results and didnt like the buckled like state of my penis. I thought to wait for the swelling to go down but it curved back a little after a year and the shape was distorted so i stupidly went back for a second procedure 1 year later and had a 2nd nesbit procedure done, and after that i noticed it was rather straight but again has curved and bubbled on the side of surgery and the staples this time round became very noticeable and uncomfortable! so i felt like my 2 year journey took me back to the same place where i was again insecure bc it felt extremely unnatural and distorted which lead me to search for a better procedure.

I found this website and discovered STAGE tequinque. seems great but i would like to know some things

- will my surgery be more difficult due to already having 2 nesbit ops (i saw jacks recovery and it seems like it was terrible and painful regarding the sturture in the pubic bone) im scared im going have simmilar issues and severe retraction and complications due to already having 2 ops and him spending a lot of time removing the staples from my 2 nesbit procedures.

- will i loose length?

- will i be able to gain it back with the extender?

-how long will this roughly take with the extender/penis stretcher?

i wish i knew about this procedure 2 years ago and am quite upset that i didn't but looking for help from people with similar situation to me regarding penile curvature.

i understand these questions are for Dr.K but i have called and emailed the office and haven't received a reply yet ( maybe bc of holidays etc)

if anyone has similar knowledge or advice i would love to hear from you.

many thanks - michael

Johniscurved

Hi Michael, I'm in a similar position to you actually except I'm a few years younger and haven't had a surgery yet.

I've pored over techniques looking for the best, and have done as much research on STAGE as I can talking to both past patients and the people behind it. From what I now know, I honestly think you'd be hard pressed to find a superior surgery. Between the safety precautions within the technique, the absorbable sutures and the doctor's expertise, you're likely with STAGE to have a safer recovery process compared to any other technique (this is only from my own research and anecdotes from others though)

According to the doctor's, you lose 1mm for every 10 degrees of curvature, so in your case, 4 or 5 millimetres which might very easily be regained and surpassed with extender use and improved erection quality, so the slight loss of length there seems kind of negligible to me. Results from extender use do vary depending on who you talk to but the general consensus I've picked up is that it will take months at least.

Don't be too upset, other people on this forum have been in worse positions and are working towards a solution after undertaking STAGE, try to think on the positive side; you've now found a more reputable doctor/technique and you can work towards a positive outcome. Good luck mate!

(P.s it's good to see some more Aussies on this forum! ;D)

Stevew87

Jack had 5+ surgeries on his penis your recovery shouldn't be as bad. Although it may be worse then mine. STAGE was my first surgery and i could masturbate in 4 weeks. You can use the extender as long as you like. You may also use a pump of which only requires 15 minutes per day i've heard and you simply get an erection in a tube. I'm currently trying to use a penis extender of which is proving quite hard, mainly due to my swollen foreksin (i had a loose circumcision aswell due to tight foreskin). Dr Franklin is a busy guy but he does sex change surgery etc, you really won't find a better one. The length lost is minimal of which you will gain back with an extender in about 2 months. The recovery may be longer becuase you've had 2 surgeries but don't let that stop you from fixing your penis... don't end up leaving it to your 40's to get it fixed or something.
They take a while to respond due to him being busy but it's worth it.

micmelb

Hey guys! thanks for replying, very much appreciated. Im glad ive found a forum with ppl in similar situations like me.

My experience with Dr. Chris Love was rather under whelming, i recommend anyone in Australia/Pacific to NOT go to him. He may be knowledgable on Peyronies/curvature but his procedure is VERY outdated and really isnt worth getting.

Dr.Kuehas seems to be reputable, ive booked in a skype appointment with him next Thursday! Is there any tips you guys could give regarding this surgery. I researched it and read other threads in the forum here, everything seems positive the ONLY concern i have is the circumcision...not sure how i feel about that. My friend said he he regrets getting it circumcised at 29 years old due to loss of senses compared to having skin. Is there an option to not be?

seeing that ill be traveling from Melbourne to either Vienna or London, what recovery time etc would i need before i can fly back home?

Also do most people think that STAGE is the BEST SURGERY going atm for penile curvature? id love if anyone has any information regarding other surgery just as effective?

I'll keep this thread updated with my experiences so other people can read about my progress. I dont want someone especially in Australia to go through what i did without knowing about other options.

- michael  :)

Johniscurved

Michael,

As far as I know STAGE is possible without circumcision, at least that's what i was told but you might want to clarify with Dr. Kuehhas on your Skype appointment.

Thanks also for sharing your experiences with Dr. Love, it's a shame our region is so behind in these sorts of medical fields.

As for other techniques I've heard good things about Osama Sheers (I think that's his name) technique but I really don't know enough about it to comment.