my post plication surgery situation (loss of sensation)

Previous topic - Next topic

Aarhus2014

Hi all

I had a plication surgery five days ago for congenital curvature in denmark. The surgery was dorsal (on the upper part of my penis). The problem is after the surgery I have lost sensation between the surgery area and the tip of my penis. There is no sensation on the upper part of the shaft and tip of my penis and also the right side. the surgery was done without degloving my penis.  those of you with experience, will I get my sensation back? I am 35 . is it too early to judge?

Norm

I had Plication without degloving last December. Don't be concerned yet. There will certainly be some loss of sensation for a while. Give it some time. It was almost 8 weeks before mine began to feel normal. Even after the outer surface heals, the inner takes more time as it is in a different environment. Not everyone is the same. Don't panic yet.
Norm
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

Aarhus2014

Thanks for sharing your experience Norm. I am particularly concerned because mine was dorsal surgery which is riskier because the main nerves are located on the upper side of our penis. Did you also have a dorsal surgery? I will wait and see if there is an improvement.

Aarhus

Norm

Mine was a left curve, so incision and sutures were on the right. I still feel a few of the sutures, but that is not bothersome. In fact, if they were on top, that could be a plus. If you are really concerned, it won't hurt to call the doctor office, but I feel certain they will tell you to relax and give it some time. That is an awfully sensitive area. It will take some time.
Norm
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!