New to the forum - just visited urologist

Previous topic - Next topic

doomeyes

I'm 45 and new to the forum. I've had pain in my penis and groin area since February. I went to several doctors. They did many tests, and put me on different antibiotics. I even had a cat scan. They could find nothing wrong with me. It was just recently that I noticed that my normally straight erect penis had an indentation on the left side, and the top half of my penis is now curved to the left by about 10 degrees. I've always gotten very hard erections, and I still do, but now they are very painful, and it hurts a lot in that indentation area.

I recently read online about Peyronie's, so I told my regular doctor about it, and it was recommended that I go see a urologist. The urologist I visited admitted that he does not know much about Peyronie's. For initial treatment, he just recommended to take two ibuprofen daily for four months. I've read the Peyronies Survival Guide. I see the recommended supplements of Ubiquinol, Acetyl L-Carnitine, and L-arginine, but I do not know if I should take these because I am already on high blood pressure medication and high cholesterol medication. Should I ask the urologist to write me a prescription for Pentox, or should I try these supplements first? Should I try using a VED? Any suggestions you can give me would be appreciated.

UrsusMinor

Welcome!

The first thing you should do is get to a urologist who understands Peyronies. Your urologist is useless for your condition, and is giving you bad advice.

--------------------------

Ubiquinol and arginine may have the effect of lowering your blood pressure. Is that a bad thing in your case?

Do you have serious pre-existing cardiovascular disease, such as a previous stroke or heart attack? If you are taking statins just to lower your cholesterol, you may wish to have a talk with your doctor--or perhaps get another doctor:

http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2012/04/24/wellness/cholesterol-conundrum.html

Only a tiny fraction of the people on statins receive any benefit from them. Many, many develop serious side effects. I have a good friend who developed transient amnesia, including blackouts that lasted up to ten hours where he had no memory of where he had been and what he had done. Cholesterol is an important building block of the brain; 25% of the body's cholesterol is found in the brain. It should be no surprise that more and more people are reporting mental problems from statins.

Incidentally, ubiquinol/CoQ10 is often prescribed to counter the side effects of statins, since many of the side effects appear to be related to the fact that statins block the body's production of CoQ10. In Canada, the prescription inserts for statins now warn that statins reduce CoQ10, and that supplementation is necessary. So if you're on statins, you really ought to be taking ubiquinol/CoQ10 anyway.

Best of luck...and find a new urologist.

LWillisjr

At least your urologist admitted up front that he/she doesn't know much about Peyronies. But you need to find one that does.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History