Experienced Xiaflex Dr in South Florida?

Previous topic - Next topic

hope4all

Has anyone had good experiences with any docs who have administered Xiaflex in South Florida...Dade, Broward or Palm Beach?  I've called several of them on the Xiaflex list but when I call, their schedulers have no idea what I'm talking about, which gives me zero confidence.  

I've made two appointments and only one of the docs is in my PPO network with the earliest appt being late October. One works through the U of Miami Jackson Medical Center and the other is a stand alone doc known for doing implants mostly for wealthy south american patients who pay privately. He was the only one I researched that had a separate tab on his website devoted to Peyronie's and a special type of surgery he does to break up the plaque when inserting penile implants.  Even though he's out of network the Xiaflex medication would be an in network cost to me.  I figure he has a ton of experience with manipulating plaque since he actually see's it and cuts into it on a camera when doing the implant surgeries.

I'm also trying to avoid doctors who work out of hospital medical buildings and bill through the hospital billing dept because it triggers much higher deductibles and then co-insurance.  If it's a stand alone doctor's office and isn't billed through a hospital it's only a $35 co-pay.

Thanks!