GENERAL COMMENTS & Questions - that won't fit under any of our other topics

Previous topic - Next topic

mike67

I can't give you a precise site but when I initially started searching for facts , I know I eventually found photos on medical web sites. Just keep clicking on Webmed  and all the other sites. Perhaps some other member will have something for you as well.
Mikey

newguy

They don't sound very mature. If you told them about your condition, do you think they'd display empathy, or turn it into some kind of running joke? I guess only you know that, since they are your friends. I'm paranoid about re-injuring myself at the best of times, so I can understand why this issue plays on your mind. I would suggest that they might grow out of it, but if they're already in their 20's then maybe not!! :)

restore

Would be interesting to know the firmness of the mattress each of us are sleeping on.  Im on a VERY firm bed and often wake up with my penis erection being stressed by bending or pressing into the hard bed.  Suggest a poll to ask if the bed one is using is soft, med, or firm.  I have a sleepnumber bed and have decided to turn it down from 100 to about 60, maybe it will help not doing any more harm.  

Lennyman

sleep w your back to the wall and long pillows between your legs so even if you tend to roll over, you wont roll all the way over and damage it-   Lenny
Lenny was here  :)

restore

Hadn't thought about that, I'll give it a try thanks.

MikeSmith0

The hinge area seems like a weakened area of the penis, not an area with hard, fibrous scar tissue... but then again - perhaps it is weak because the scar tissue does not allow blood into it.  Does anyone know why the hinge effect occurs, if it is common in people with Peyronies Disease?  Do you have a hinge effect and has anything helped with it?  Better erections seem to improve the hinge, which makes me think it could be something related to the scar not letting the blood in....but i am curious to hear your thoughts on this.  It seems at this point that only implant surgery can cure the hinge effect...grafting would possibly just make it worse - if i am understanding correctly.

Ben

My hinge is due to a semi circular fibrous tissue. At the begining I had one but no calcification and now I still have it but with calcification. Calcified or not have not change much in my symptoms.

Traction (sorry if I mention it all my post !!) had bring me some improvement. As for grafting alone it may not improve it, but coupled with Ved or traction I think it can bring some benefit. The background of healthy tissue may gain some girth because it become more stretchable. without the ill area.

MikeSmith0

Thanks Ben.  Is the fibrous tissue actually IN the hinge, or does it occur before the hinge and block the blood flow?  I think the plaque is closer to my body than the hinge (which is closer to the head)... but i could have plaque throughout (just less palpable).  

fubar

Quote from: Ben on May 25, 2011, 04:38:49 AM
My hinge is due to a semi circular fibrous tissue. At the begining I had one but no calcification and now I still have it but with calcification. Calcified or not have not change much in my symptoms.

Traction (sorry if I mention it all my post !!) had bring me some improvement. As for grafting alone it may not improve it, but coupled with Ved or traction I think it can bring some benefit. The background of healthy tissue may gain some girth because it become more stretchable. without the ill area.

I have the same feeling on this as I feel the hinge is the weakest point.Stretching and tugging at the tissue.Then using a proper ved to implode and outwardly stretch the damaged tissue.At proper intervals may prove promising in our war against this disease.

Fubar

0x5555

I am getting woken pretty much on the hour every hour w. erectile pain.  Anyone have this happen to them?

Worried Guy

Yeah it happened to me for the first 6 months and then the pain started to go slowly and now I have none.  I think the stress of this crap causes sleep problems also. Try some ibuprofen just before you go to bed.

0x5555

Q: Were you sexually active during that period (masturbation, partner)?  I stupidly was still having sex for the last little bit and I think that really messed the healing process up.  

charlie44

Yes....I end up not wearing underwear to bed....if I do, the pain from a night erection wakes me up....If I don't have underwear on, I usually am comfortable and can sleep through it.  

cowboyfood

Hey group,

It has been a while since I posted, but I've been pretty stable for a while, only a minor dent of the left side of the shaft....

I have a question about a condition I noticed right after having having sex where she used her hand to finish.  The skin on my penis, near the head and on the right side was somewhat inflamed/swollen.  It was definitely noticeable when I was flaccid, not much at all when erect....actually not at all.  

I'm sure its just the skin, my tunica areas feel fine; no bumps, etc.

It also looks like the skin is a little stretched on the right side when I'm flaccid.

This happened several hours ago.  Of course, I'm more than ever aware of my penis since managing Peyronies Disease, so I thought I'd ask the board if anyone is familiar with this type of inflammation or knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks,

CF
Currently:  L-Arginine (2g), Vit D3)

Luciano

I had something like that also..
I do not think it is related to Peyronies Disease.
Inflamation of the skin can have lots of reasons. from allergy to infection (bacterial or fungus)
Or just a simple irritation.
When i get it, this is what i do:
1. I wash well with an anti-allergic soap.
if its still there the next morning:
2. i use an anti fungicide cream. A soft one.
3. if nothing changed within 48 hours i use an anti-bacterial cream.

Usually it goes away very quickly.
Luc

Old Man

CF:

First, welcome back on the forum again - long time no hear from you.

OK, what you experienced in the skin irritation is usually caused by not using enough lubrication to provide a very slippery surface. Since you were sexually excited and needed for her to finish up your climax both of you probably overlooked the lubrication effect.

This has happened to most guys at some time or other in their sexual lives. So, let it heal up by abstaining from any sexual activity until you see your skin back to normal.

You can use healing preparations as Luc suggested to help the healing process. But, next time you need to finish up this way, make sure your partner uses more lube, etc.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

cowboyfood

thanks for the input!

the inflammation has gone down significantly over the last 16 or so hours and looking close to normal.

I got to admit, I freaked for a few minutes last night.  But, regained my composure and did a self-diagnosis and determined the inflammation was confined to the skin.

Your input helps confirm my determination.  There was never any pain.

Also, another admission, I'm just getting back into "the game," sexually speaking, so I'll take this as a sign to be careful.  

CF
Currently:  L-Arginine (2g), Vit D3)

shadow

For several months prior to my noticing the shape difference I was getting woken up by  painful erections.  Actually, not sure I'd call it painful...just uncomfortable.

The sad thing is....I chalked it up to simply having an erection. ::)    I had come off of some significant personal/life issues that essentially created problems for me in that arena.  For the longest time....I wouldn't even get the nighttime erections.  So I figured my noticing them in the middle of the night was a "good" thing. :D

Oy!

-S

healthyconsumption

Soxfan, I found that TH1 cytokines and TH2 cytokines up/downplay each others.

When you mentioned "It is also demonstrated that interferon-gamma (IFN-[gamma]), interferonalpha (IFN-[alpha]), and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-[alpha]) decrease collagen synthesis by fibroblasts", this is probably because some of these belong to TH1 immune system cytokines, therefore it downregulates a number of TH2 cytokines which are profibrotic.

That's my theory so far, I created a thread on IgG4 related disease, which referenced an article about it.
What: Approx 30 degree left from mid shaft, 45 degree clockwise torsion.
How: PE (June 2021)

Regimen:
⁍ Pentox 400mg (3 x daily)
⁍ Tadalafil 10mg (2 x daily)
⁍ Verdanafil 100mg (1 x 2 days)
⁍ Arginine/NAC/Vit-E/Ginger/Berries/Kelp