Traction device = itchy foreskin?

Previous topic - Next topic

29mUK

I've recently decided to add traction to my treatment plan (am half-way through the 26 week VED protocol), but since doing so have found my foreskin to be quite itchy. There's no blistering or redness that I can see... it just itches like a mother!

Is this normal? Or should I be concerned?

I'm using a Phallosan Forté, because a traditional traction device would not be suitable - due to the location of my plaque. So there's no noose - the Forté is instead a combined unit with holds the penis in place using a vacuum bell. It's probably worth noting that there is a sleeve which covers the glans/foreskin to protect it from the constant tension created by the vacuum (though the manual recommends regularly dusting this with talculm powder - could this be causing irritation?).

UrsusMinor

Talcum powder can indeed cause irritation. Most often this is mechanical, from 'clumping,' which is kind of like having sand in your swimsuit. The remedy is to use it very sparingly.

More rarely, it is some sort of reaction or allergy.

A lot of folks with babies use cornstarch instead. But allergies to cornstarch are more common (though not frequent). And the clumping effect can still occur and cause irritation.

All of the above applies to babies' diapers and to the use of either product for 'jock itch.' So I would imagine it could easily be an issue with the Phallosan sleeve. The thing they advise first for jock itch (and diapering, too), is to rub the powder on your hands and then apply it by rubbing you hands on the skin to be protected. I'm not sure how that would translate to the Phallosan sleeve. Maybe you can turn it inside out?

Apart from the itchiness issue, what do you think of the Phallosan?

29mUK

Quote from: UrsusMinor on August 24, 2014, 01:31:16 AMApart from the itchiness issue, what do you think of the Phallosan?

UrsusMinor, please see my response to your post on the Phallosan thread for a detailed review of the device based on my experience with it so far :)

Am still undecided about what's causing the itching. Am now fairly sure it's NOT the talc as suspected - because I cleaned all the components & stopped applying it, but am still having the same problem (intermittently).

Another forum user advised it might be a consequence of too much stress on my unit, which is a possibility.

The alternative is that it's simply like a chaffing type problem. Effectively, the foreskin is under a lot of constant tension from the vacuum when using the device - so I'm thinking it's probably that causing the itching. My pubis is also itching a lot this week, where the ring sits... so there's always the chance it's the materials the manufacturer is using (though they denied this could be the case when I queried it with them).