xiaflex/xiapex in Europe

Previous topic - Next topic

lrossi

Ho everybody,

Anyone knows when xiaflex/xiapex will be approved by Ema (europeean authority) in Europe for Peyronies Disease?

Thanks in advance

th1982

First post, been scouring this forum for the past few days. Doesn't this mean that Xiapex has been approved for use in the EU?

European Medicines Agency - - Xiapex

Caesar

Xiapex is approved for its use in Dupuytren's contracture. Its usage nowadays in Europe could fall into the "compassionate use" of a drug. Meaning that it's not yet approved or indicated for Peyronie's disease but the doctor could prescribe it anyway.
More important, in my humble opinion, is who is going to inject Xiapex, since a qualified person is highly convenient (you can read more about this detail in other threads).
First onset: January 2014 (lasted 16 months) | Treatment: Q10 (ubiquinol) + Acetyl-L-Carnitine | Result: 15ยบ curvature to right and narrowing at the base.
Second onset: January 2020.

lrossi

Quote from: Caesar on August 07, 2014, 10:28:17 PM
Xiapex is approved for its use in Dupuytren's contracture. Its usage nowadays in Europe could fall into the "compassionate use" of a drug. Meaning that it's not yet approved or indicated for Peyronie's disease but the doctor could prescribe it anyway.
More important, in my humble opinion, is who is going to inject Xiapex, since a qualified person is highly convenient (you can read more about this detail in other threads).

I agree with the last statement about the specialization in injecting xiapex.

Anyone knows a team in Europe that is working on xiapex?

yyy

The drug should be released in EU starting from mid 2015

lrossi

I've obtained the same info.

Let's search together who is now specializing in injections in Europe.

Thanks