Results from my Xiaflex injections

Previous topic - Next topic

Tipsey4

Received my first injection today at the Boston, MA VA Medical Center. About a year ago I was diagnosed with Peyronies Disease but waited until I was sure that I wanted to try Xiaflex. I have about a 70 degree up and to the left curve with loss of girth and hour-glassing. Today went longer than expected. I could not self induce erection so they gave me the injection to produce an erection.The injection worked just fine and the did the measuring, mapping and plotting required for the Xiaflex injection. The problem is that it took about 3 hours to get the erection to resolve. It was almost to the point to consider a reversal injection drug but it finally resolved. The plaque was located at or near the base and I received my first injection. I chose not to receive a numbing injection so the injection did sting quite a bit but I got through it. I was given a compression wrap which I am to remove after 6-8 hours. Slight discomfort but nothing too terrible so far.  

kuaka

Keep us posted.  I am considering that route once funds clear up a bit.

scottslcut

Hi guys, Today was my first injection.  Very tolerable pain on the injection.  This was at 11 this morning. it's 7:15 as I write this.  I have considerable swelling and bruising over the entire shaft. Id be scared but thanks to your comments, I see this is fairly common.  The injection was towards the head, behind the gland so as someone said the skin is thinner there, this could account for this.  My next injection is Friday, hopefully the swelling will go down by then.  Will keep you posted.

Again, thanks for your comments, it helps to know were not alone in the treatment symptoms.  No modeling until after the 2nd injection so no idea on my success.  

Fingers crossed!

QuackAttack

Scott,

Don't expect swelling to go down until about 4 days after the second injection. However, I found that using Coflex wrap for several days helps reduce it and using a strong 200+ gauss magent helped keep swelling down. You can expect darkening of the shaft, which may or may not completely go away.

scottslcut

Swelling starting to go down.  Aside from the selling and sexy coloration, it's been pretty painless.  I'm anxious to start modeling but my doc said to wait until Fridays 2nd injection. Thoughts?

TonySa

Hows it going w the injections, any improvement?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

kuaka

Modeling is tricky.  Start too soon and you re-injure.  Wait too long and it can "settle" with a bad shape which will leave you in the exact same spot.  

If it were me, I would work very gently at first, but not wait very long.  Patience and restraint is key at this point.