Correct VED usage

Previous topic - Next topic

chandnitare

Yes I have learnt about the pressure after giving much price for it! there is no 80% or 50%, its self% that u are comfortable with!  

UrsusMinor

I agree! I've never been sure what 50% and 80% exactly mean, so I go entirely by feel--and when in doubt, I hit the vacuum button.

Old Man

Note to all:

I will try to clear up the statement in the protocols  about getting an erection to 50%, 80% or full erection when using the VED therapy. This is simply just a guideline for each member to use when pumping up. And, it is based on what each individual sees when they get an erection as each case of Peyronies Disease is different from any other. More on this below.

Also, Peyronies Disease changes the size and quality of erections that members got before developing Peyronies Disease. Therefore, each member using the VED therapy, must develop their own position as to what the percentage of erections mean for THEM AND THEM ONLY! They must use their present size,  shape and condition of erections in measuring the amount (percentage) of erections they need to develop in maintaining a safe level when doing their VED sessions.

VED therapy is not a science, but is strictly based on each individuals symptoms, the severity of their symptoms and if they have other sexual conditions that preclude using VED therapy. Again, VED therapy must be approached after carefully weighing out the amount of Peyronies Disease symptoms, if there are circumstances like severe injury that might need to be healed before using vacuum application that would further injure their penises.

So, again each case of Peyronies Disease symptoms must be carefully examined prior to just simply buying a VED and charging off blindly with using it without considering the consequences of further injury to their most prized possession = their sexual life/penile health!!

Old Man

Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

UrsusMinor

Old Man's advice has been invaluable to me in developing a VED practice. He made it clear from the start that 'underdoing' it would cause no problems, while overdoing it could be disastrous.

That said, all that 80% means to me is 'before a full, useable erection.'

Also, I actually read the manual (a first for me!) that came with my VED. It advises pausing about five seconds between each pump, as the flow of blood into the penis is not instantaneous. So I pump up slowly, and I go even slower of the last couple of pumps.

Some people probably overpump through impatience or desire for a quick result. But I suspect that many people overpump simply because they are racing well ahead of their blood flow. As far as I can tell, there is no downside to going slow and giving the blood time to equilibrate inside the penis.

Old Man

UrsusMinor:

Very well said my friend! Could not have said it better myself. The watchword in VED therapy is go slow, use only a minimum of vacuum pressure and wait for the blood flow to equalize as you said below.

Old Man  
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

29mUK

Quote from: UrsusMinor on June 08, 2014, 05:54:03 PMAlso, I actually read the manual (a first for me!) that came with my VED. It advises pausing about five seconds between each pump, as the flow of blood into the penis is not instantaneous. So I pump up slowly, and I go even slower of the last couple of pumps.
If memory serves correctly, this manual (the Augusta one?) also recommends pumping to "full engorgement", or something similar?

Old Man

To 29mUK:

Adding my 2 cents in here. Read the PM that I sent you earlier this afternoon (USA time) about the subject of getting a full erections while using VED therapy.

Note to all users of VED therapy:

The engorgement percentages mentioned in any and all VED therapy protocols simply is a guide for a user to follow. Common sense should be applied about how one feels while pumping up, holding and releasing is concerned. So, just make sure that you DO NOT OVER PUMP PRESSURE AT ANY TIME, DO NOT HOLD THE PRESSURE TOO LONG BEFORE RELEASING IT. AND, ALLOW THE PENIS BLOOD BUILD UP TO FLOW OUT BEFORE RESUMING PUMPING UP AGAIN. LASTLY, GETTING A FULL ERECTION USUALLY MEANS THE END OF ANY VED THERAPY SESSION UNTIL THE ERECTION SUBSIDES BEFORE RESUMING A SESSION.

Hope the above helps any and all users of VED therapy that might be having a problem with this subject.

Old Man

UrsusMinor

Quote from: 29mUK on June 10, 2014, 03:34:06 PM
If memory serves correctly, this manual (the Augusta one?) also recommends pumping to "full engorgement", or something similar?

They do--but that's presumably if you're trying to use it for ED. (Which is also why they include the weird little Apollo nosecone and those elastic gadgets.) I don't think the company is much aware of the Peyronie's issue...

So, admittedly, when they advise about pausing between pumps, they are also probably thinking about ED and not Peyronie's. But it seems like sensible advice in any case.

RoyHobbs

This topic has veered off course and has become about VED.

Old Man

Roy Hobbs:

On first thought after reading your post about this topic getting or track, was to remove my post about the correct use and items related to the VED. But, on second thought, what I have written there should be understood and taken into consideration when using a VED.  More and more guys are getting their VEDs, using them without regard to the cautions written all over this forum, thus causing further trauma to their penises.

So, it will remain unless an administrator thinks that it should be moved to a more appropriate topic/thread..

Old Man  

LWillisjr

I split and moved this to the VED board. You guys can continue your discussion.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

DigDug

Hey Old Man,

Just a note of thanks, from another newbie about to embark on VED treatment.. I've browsed this Forum for years. Thank you for sharing your experiences. My time for a plan of action, also have Low-T and BPH - but with some effort and guidance I can at least tackle the physical curvature and atrophy. And I'm also OLD! late 50s.. but that's all relative obviously  ;D

Good info here!  8)