Support group for young people with Peyronie's

Previous topic - Next topic

alwaysreading

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the boards in terms of posting, but have been lurking for a while. Reading through a lot of the sub-forums, I've found a lot more young people than I imagined with this disease. I'm 29 and newly diagnosed myself. I've been really lucky to have a strong support system with my family and my girlfriend, but I also know that only people going through this can truly understand. I also know that without my family this would have been even more difficult for me that it already is. That's especially true because of my age--reading around, I've seen a lot of other people who feel the same, that this is a time where our sexuality is still a bigger part of our identity, that our relationships with our significant others (if we have them at all) are not as solid as they might be in 15 years, that we feel overwhelmed by the prospect of living with this for the rest of our lives.

I know the boards are a sort of meeting place already, but I was wondering if any of the other young people (or older folks too!) would be interested in exchanging phone numbers or Skype names for those times when a human voice would be comforting or when you might just need to talk on short notice. The other day I was able to be supportive for someone with this problem and it really made me feel like I had something to offer, that at least some good has come out of this terrible thing that has happened to me. If anyone is in the same boat, or is just feeling lost or alone and wants to talk, send me a PM. Here's to hoping things get better for all of us. I'm GMT-5 but a bit of a night owl if anyone reading this happens to be from across the pond/not in the US.

--alwaysreading

LWillisjr

I'm not as young as I used to be ;-)  but I have spoken to several men over the last 5-6 years. I have often been willing to talk to anyone about Peyronies disease. I hadn't thought about younger guys wanting to talk to other younger guys. I often think that Peyronies is sort of age independent, and always find it interesting that the 'younger' guys think sex isn't as important or affects older guys differently.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

NeoV

Always reading, I'll PM you regarding Skype and contact information. I actually attempted to make a Skype group a few months back even just for chatting.

Ahh and yes! The older guys are no different than us, and many of them got Peyronie's in their 20's! Anyway, will be glad to chat.

alwaysreading

Quote from: LWillisjr on May 05, 2014, 09:34:50 PM
Quote modified by moderator!!! Please read the forum rules!!!
Sorry LW, I was probably not as precise as I should have been. My sense from reading through a lot of the psych board posts is that the older guys aren't necessarily affected less but have better perspective. But maybe that's just a function of having been through the really hard parts and come out the other side. In any case I'm grateful for the encouragement I've come across, can't say how much it's helped me to see people who have managed this and stayed positive even through the setbacks and pain etc (age notwithstanding!).  

rodolfodelatorre

Yes! I just posted something exactly related to this, asking about the same thing.

I'm 24, I've had it for about 7 years (Got Peyronie's on my 18th birthday), and I've been going through hell this whole time.

I have google video, Skype, etc.

I'll PM those over, along with my number. I talk a crap ton, since I have no one to talk about this, so if anyone else is interested in helping a young guy like me with this thing, I'm totally available.

Please don't judge me, but I am gay and I really need support from everyone here. I believe in God and I need help from other guys going through this especially now at this point in my life. Thanks.