Stopped VED

Previous topic - Next topic

NDfan

Gave it almost four months. Sick of having to take the time to do it. There's no way it will remove my plaque. I really think all of us are trying different things and when things improve naturally, we think it's because of the treatment. Eventually there will be a cure but not sure if it will be in my lifetime even at 30 years old. Good luck all.

Knight

I completely understand but we are in the minority here. I was never really able to get started with the VED because every time I got going on the routine the inflammation and pain became more than I could stand. If I didn't have the pain I'd stick with it though because the science behind the VED does seem to be feasible.

Good luck!

Thisismyusername

NDFan I have to agree with you.  I really don't think any of these treatments really work.  I think people just convince themselves they do and it is placebo or people naturally improve and attribute it to the supplements.  I really haven't seen any real night and day success stories except for people who have had surgery (and of course many times surgery doesn't help or makes things worse).  

I have not tried VED or traction because of the pain that I am having but I can say that in my experience none of the supplements that I tried or medications that I took did anything whatsoever to help.  

It is really pretty discouraging.  At this point I don't care that much about whatever curvature I have, and I don't have much if any erectile dysfunction, but I just wish I could find something that would help with my chronic pain.  I don't want to live this way for the rest of my life.  

Litani

I agree.  I take pentox, suppliments, VED, Traction.  Nothing seems to help me either.
Care enough to throw everything you got at this disease but do not care enough to ruin your Life!

alwaysreading

Hey guys,

It is true that some of the supplements don't have good evidence, but Pentox, VED, and I believe traction (not sure on this last) are well-supported by placebo-controlled, double-blind studies that show they help with curvature. Like anything, the studies show good but not incredible results---it's not that everyone gets better or that those who get better see a complete reduction, it's simply that the percentage of people that show improvement using these treatments would be exceptionally unlikely if the treatments were not in fact having an effect. That's all those studies tell us in the end. For some people, it's certainly true that there may be no change, but there are a lot of people for whom those treatments were very successful. What I would be interested to know is how your Peyronie's came on in each of your cases. Was it an acute injury or something over time?