Best underwear post-Nesbit

Previous topic - Next topic

Jones84

Hi all

This is my first post so forgive me if this topic has been raised before, but I wanted to ask a small question to anyone who has experience of Nesbit surgery.

I had the operation last Monday. The urologist said it went well, though there was significant swelling and my glans was a deep black colour just after. I am now recovering at home and everything looks fine. I am not in any great pain except at night-time, when nocturnal erections are waking me up and making me reluctant to even go to sleep. What I want to ask is, is it better to wear tight-fitting briefs to bed to restrict the erections, or wear looser underwear to let them happen, so to speak.

My urologist said briefs are fine but I worry that restricting the erections in briefs will put more stress on the stitches. I have not been given any drugs to inhibit erections and at 32 they are still reasonably strong.

Thanks for any advice.

LWillisjr

I don't see how different types of underwear would prohibit an erection. If you are talking about wearing briefs and trying to tuck your penis down between your legs.... this won't keep you from trying to achieve an erection but would put undo stress on your penis due to trying to hold it in such a position. And I WOULD NOT do this. Post surgery I wore briefs but I kept my penis pointing up. When I started to get an erection I did have pain and it was the pain that then caused it resolve. The erections are going to happen, don't try binding your penis in an unnatural position to try to stop it.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Jones84

Thanks. I certainly haven't been intentionally restricting the erections. I was just concerned that wearing briefs in bed might be a bad idea as I can feel the erections straining against them when they wake me up. The pain does make them go down fairly quickly though. I may go for looser fitting underwear to see if it makes a difference. I suppose the fact my urologist gave me no clear direction on the issue must mean it's not too serious...