Nice To Meet You All

Previous topic - Next topic

bonsomi

Hello to everyone in the Peyronies Disease Society! I've been reading, researching and exchanging PM's with some of you for a couple of months and now I finally found the courage to share my case. I did go through all the negation, depression and anger phase. Today, after some time, I can say that I'm serene again.

To George, Oldman, James, Hawk, NeoV, Mentos, dfurman, LWillisJr and many others I feel somehow close already. Even though I don't know  any of you personally, reading some of your posts  I was able to find  empathy, knowledge and hope in moments of despair. In the bottom line: I think this is a great place to which I owe the good present I'm having.

Ok, enough of sentimentality, this is my history:

I'm 25 years old and I live in Chile, South America. My Uro confirmed Peyronies Disease in the middle of October, that is to say, 3½ months ago. Nevertheless, my first symptoms started aprox in October 2012. They were mild, so I didn't do anything about it: The right side of my shaft become wider than my left side, nothing more; no curve, no ED, no pain, no size loss. My penis used to be symmetrical, so this caught my attention, but since I was 100% operational I let it be.

Many months later, maybe in June or July of 2013 some pain started on the right side and some curve to the left also, it was a very little curve and only when semi-erected, fully erected my penis was straight.

No trauma occurred to me that I'm aware of.

The following weeks Peyronies Disease hit me hard and fast. The pain went to the roof, I lost 2' inches of length and 35% of the girth, most of my erection power and developed ED. Sex with my girlfriend became difficult because of the pain... I kept on denial and did nothing. Told myself that I had to masturbate less and different (I used to squeeze my penis in an odd way when I masturbate, until today I suspect if that has something to do with it).

I followed my girlfriend´s advice and went to see an Uro. The same old history happened: "wait and come to see me in one and a half years.... in most cases it goes away by itself" he told me. My instinct told me otherwise. I took another appointment with an Uro in the best clinic of my country (that happens to be one of the best clinics of South America). He was quite better, told me that it was very likely to be peyronies and asked me for an ultra-sound. The ultrasound was negative (no scars noticeable) but due to my symptoms he prescribed vitamin E and pentox to me and more importantly, he recommended me the peyronies expert doctor in my country, so I went so see him as well.....

This was the guy... he operated  dozens of men from peyronie during his Ph.d in Spain and introduced me to the 3 experts on Peyronie in Chile. They are all andrologist and all know each other and talk and discuss different cases. One of them even made his Ph.d with Dr. Levine in the US. My new doctor add Q10 and VED to my therapy and didn't recommend nor disapprove L-Arginine and other supplements. Anyway, he did warn me of L-Carnitine, since some studies show that it increases the risk of heart problems.

Luckly, I have the means to get drugs and medical consult.

Since I started the treatment I've been a little bit better. I regained like ½ of an inch and I'm able to get an erection as long as I keep the stimulation going. The curve during erect is not existing, so my goal during this process is to regain SIZE and ERECTION POWER.

It's important to add that I'm a little bit of insulin resistant. Far from getting diabetes, but it is there. I'm already losing weight and taking care of it. I also have high triglyceride's (up to 200) and a BMI of 28%. So not obese, but overweight.

My girlfriend is a great woman, the love of my life, so I get 100% support from her. With her help, my current treatment and this forum I'm ready to fight the fight!

I chose "Bonsomi" as my user name. This is lingala (Republic Of Congo Language) for "freedom". I'm a jazz fanatic and this word was part of the lyrics of an old chilean jazz tune (we speak spanish in Chile, the tune was in lingala for ecumenical reasons I think).

I wan't to be free from fear, insecurity, depression, anger and all the bad feelings that came with Peyronies Disease.   No matter what, I'm ready to squeeze all the juice out of life.

Bonsomi.

Knight

Nice introduction! Welcome and all the best to you. Hopefully together we can all find a way back to normalcy!  

LWillisjr

Bonsomi,
Thank you for your introduction. It seems no matter where anyone is around the world the disease is just as devastating and doctors the same. I am happy for you that you were referred to an andrologist who may have trained with Levine. It seems to make the world just a little bit smaller.    :)
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Shlomo

Bonsomi, I like your upbeat, optimistic attitude, despite what you and all of us are going through. I feel sorry that you have to deal with this at such a young age, but it sounds like you are making good proress and have the love of a very supportive woman.  Thank you for letting us know something about yourself apart from the Peyronies, such as your love of jazz and Congolese.  It helps "humanize" things, since as you said, we are all here to support and empathize with each other.
-Shlomo, from Los Angeles, California, USA

NeoV

Nice to see your post Bonsomi!

Time on these forums sometimes seems to flow in slow motion to me. In that sense it's somewhat of a sanctuary from my daily life.
It is certainly a present of sorts, and has offered so many of us hope, including myself.
Glad to have you and looking forward to the recoveries and improvement you make for the years to come.