plaque

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsman

What do I take to reduce the plaque build up from peyronnies? I've had it for quite sometime now. I can still achieve an erwction and do use a cockring for firmness. I went to a urologist and he basically says until it bends to the point you can't have sex don't worry about it. Well I've lost at least 2" in length and about that or more in girth. If I could get rid of the plaque my erection would get to normal as the soft tissue would be able to expand again. So I wouls like some advice on what I can take to do so. I live in Eastern Canada if that helps. Thanks

damian

Damn. If someone here knows the answer to your question, then we could close this forum and just make a web site called "the ultimate answer to peyronie's".

Do your research man.. just like anyone else here.

damian

[I made mistake, and don't know how to delete this post]

emasculated

@Ramsman: What you are describing is loss of elasticity of parts of the tunica albuginea due to (EDIT: not necessarily calcified) plaque. As damien wrote this forum would not exist if anyone knew if / how that can be reversed.
People usually take Pentox to try to reduce calcium content. But that does not reverse loss of elasticity. But other parts that are still elastic can be stretched with ved therapy or traction. Thereby regain some length.
Then there is the surgical route for severe cases which most of the time is removal of plaque and grafting. This has the drawback that the grafting material is nowhere close in elasticity to the delicate and intricate structures it is supposed to be replacing. And a long term follow-up study has shown that after approximately 4 years the grafting material starts to shrink and cause various problems in more than half of operated patients.
"Without health life is not life; it is only a state of languor and suffering - an image of death."

damian

I see the future in tissue engineering, but they're barely researching it. If they can make a bladder, then why would a tiny TA graft from our cells be a problem?! grrrr

emasculated

I actually was briefly considering changing my entire career and start research on peyronie's.
I am actually a researcher but a completely different field from medicine, pure mathematics.
Not only do I lack the knowledge of cellular biology and biochemistry (pharmacology for potential oral treatment) but
I'm way too theoretically minded. I could learn the necessary stuff in no time (it's trivial compared to algebraic geometry and quantum mechanics), but I would probably only contribute to a theoretical advancement of understanding of the condition.
Better understanding might lead to a cure, but there are many things better understood than Peyronies Disease where we still can't do a thing about. Hence I've decided against this. Though it bothers me that the researchers in the field I have to rely on are nowhere near as brilliant as me.

"Without health life is not life; it is only a state of languor and suffering - an image of death."

LWillisjr

Quote from: emasculated on January 28, 2014, 05:45:12 PM
@Ramsman: What you are describing is loss of elasticity of parts of the tunica albuginea due to calcified plaque.

No it is simply due to some type of plaque or plaque tissue in the Tunica that is not as elastic as it once was. It does not necessarily have to be calcified.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History