Plaque Location

Previous topic - Next topic

Litani

My plaque is located right under the gland.  I bought X4 Lab traction device and I tried it for the first time yesterday using the comfort strap.  When I wear it, the plaque is not in the stretch zone.  I thought the whole idea is to stretch the plaque to eliminate the curve.  I have also read that is stretches the short side to eliminate the curve.  I am really confused. Am I missing something?  Please advise.
Care enough to throw everything you got at this disease but do not care enough to ruin your Life!

Hawk

Litani,

I wish you had asked that question prior to buying the device.  Plaque in the glans is very uncommon although a handful of men on the forum have reported it.  In the case of plaque anywhere forward of the strap I do not think the traction device will work because the traction is applied to the tissue to the rear of the strap.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Litani

I miss explained. It is not under the gland.  It is on the shaft close to the border of the gland. So when i wear the device, it would be under the comfort strap. Is that an unusual place? Will the traction device help?
Care enough to throw everything you got at this disease but do not care enough to ruin your Life!

Hawk

I am a strong proponent of traction but I would never cinch down a strap on a plaque.  My fear is that it would aggravate it and cause a flare up and to make matters worse it would put no traction on it.  Tissue under the strap is compressed not stretched.  

Consider trying the noose with the memory foam sleeve to see if it misses the plaque.  be careful though because even it it hits right beside the plaque it could be an issue especially if you are in the active (acute) phase.

You could probably get a small vacuum end attachment for your device that pulls only on the Glans.  I think MattFoley and others have them and can advise you.  
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

IhatePD

You can use the Vac3 extension device which can be adapted to your extension device. You cover the glands with tape and then put a vacuum cup over the glands and attach it to the end of the extension device. They have illustrated instructions on their website.

I use it because the strap type devices are too uncomfortable for me and I think they could possible cause more damage.  The Vac3 should allow you to stretch your plaque where you described it.

Litani

Thanks for the reply.  I was able to return the X4Lab.  Believe me it was not easy since their policy requires you to wear it for 180 days.

Based on my readings, the 2 vacuum type traction devices are VAC 3/4 and Penimaster.  Are there other choices? Which one should I order?  This is a new area for me and I do not want to make another mistake.  Any Advice is greatly appreciated.

michaelb

I have the same issue, way up top so all these devices seem useless.  

MrRed

Wait so if my plaque is located near the top of my penis traction devices will be useless to me?