Penile Plication for Congenital Curvature

Previous topic - Next topic

Thatoneguy

Hey everyone, I am 22 and just underwent a penile plication surgery for my ventral curve. I noticed it after having a few different partners, my most recent being a girlfriend of 2 years. During intercourse different positions were almost impossible and usually resulted in pain for her, this had me curious because I always suspected my curve was different than most peoples. At 22 many of the doctors I saw brushed me off when I asked about it, and to be fair my curve was not horrible but it was sufficient to hurt my confidence, and to make me worry about my relationship. My curve was probably around 15-20 degrees, so somewhat mild. I underwent surgery on Monday, and right now am in the process of icing.... a lot. It is really swollen right now but pain meds and tylenol are really helping me out. I just wanted to see if anyone had questions or advice for me.  

Thatoneguy

Also wanted to ask, can anyone who has had penile plication surgery comment about sex afterwards and how long they waited? I was hoping that by Valentine's day I will be good to go, being a full month. However, if there is a risk I can hurt myself I would much rather wait a couple weeks to be safe.

Norm

Most doctors recommend six weeks before sex. Mine said one month. I am at my one month milestone but, alas, my wife has a cold. I believe that even at six weeks it will likely still be sore and you would need to go easy the first time. At my one month, I feel very much normal again, until I take hold of it. Then I know there are still a few tender spots. I can tell you for sure that I will go easy on my test run. Give it time to heal. You have the rest of your life to enjoy it.  
Plication Surgery Dec. 2013. Straight Again!

Thatoneguy

Thanks for the response! I too was told to wait a month but 6 weeks does seem more safe and probable. I am 5 days in and the swelling is starting to go down a little... after days of icing. However, the bruising has worsened now and is pretty painful, but I am trying to ween off of the prescription I was given and now using Tylenol. I am glad you responded because it seems most people use the nesbit procedure even though my doctor said that was riskier and less effective, but nevertheless would you say the general pain eases up within 2 weeks? Also when did you return to normal activity, such as exercise or just normal activity like drinking at a bar for example?  

Norm

Mine is just a 3/4" incision on the shaft. I was back at work and doing normal things the next day. Bending or squatting were out of the question for a couple weeks. I couldn't touch it for a few days. After a week, when I could take the bandage off it improved daily.  

Thatoneguy

So it is currently day 17, nearing the 3 week mark!!! Right now I am horny beyond all belief and being with my gf doesn't help. But the pain is manageable. I try to wear as loose of shorts and pants as I can because any friction causes discomfort. As for bruising, it is all but gone, however there is still slight swelling. Night time erections are driving me crazy, with about one an hour from about 4-8 Am.

Basically I am nearing the home stretch, each day there seems to be a little improvement. Definitely was more painful of a procedure than the doctor had me believe, but I have my check up in a week. Hoping to hear only good news.

Norm

Keep an ice pack handy for those erections. It will put an end to one pretty quickly or at least numbs it a bit.  

Thatoneguy

Update: I am now 6 weeks in, and I am still not completely healed up yet. However, I do seem to be completely straight now. Erections aren't pain free yet, and I have a major scab on the top where the main bulk of sutures were placed. I was told I'd be able to be sexually active by 4-6 weeks but at the moment it seems I will have to keep waiting. I think my doctor did a great job, but he really seemed to leave out a lot of information about what to expect following surgery.  

Norm

That,
It was 8 weeks before I could have sex successfully. Even then it was not pain free. Don't rush. There is time.
Norm