News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

New to the forum

Previous topic - Next topic

billk5300s

I began experiencing painful erections in late spring of 2013.  I saw my urologist in September and he suggested that I probably have Peyronie's.  He put me on Pentox but it did not help.  I still experience painful erections.  I have a follow up visit next week.  I switched to boxers when sleeping which has reduced some of the discomfort during night time erections.  I have no visible symptoms, no curvature or lesions, just a lot of pain during erections.  I noticed I was starting to have symptoms of ED about a year ago.  I'm 55 and on beta blockers for essential tremor disorder and also on statins for high cholesterol.  How long can I expect the pain to last?  Based on what I've been reading on this forum it appears everyone is different.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

LWillisjr

Quote from: billk5300s on January 01, 2014, 10:07:48 PM
I began experiencing painful erections in late spring of 2013.  I saw my urologist in September and he suggested that I probably have Peyronie's.  

Your doctor stating that you "probably have Peyronies" seems like a shot in the dark for a diagnosis to me. I don't know your relationship with this doctor or if he is someone new. But I think I would consider seeing someone else. If you have no other symptoms then I would want to rule out other possibilities.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History