New member looking for Xiaflex-trained doc in So Calif.

Previous topic - Next topic

enrapt

Would like to try Xiaflex, but can't find any urologist who has even heard of it.
Thanks

RoyHobbs

I live in LA but travel up to see Dr. Lue in San Fran. I'm only a 6 hour drive from one of the best in the country so why not?

Litani

Lookup for. Martin Gelbard in Burbank. He is my doctor and he had something to do with the Xiaflex trials.
Care enough to throw everything you got at this disease but do not care enough to ruin your Life!

enrapt

Thanks for that.  How has your experience with Xiaflex been?

Litani

No. I have Not made up my mind that I want to get the shot.  Now that it is approved, I want to wait few months and look at the reviews.
Care enough to throw everything you got at this disease but do not care enough to ruin your Life!

MattFoley

Quote from: RoyHobbs on December 16, 2013, 03:15:58 PM
I live in LA but travel up to see Dr. Lue in San Fran. I'm only a 6 hour drive from one of the best in the country so why not?

I spoke with Dr. Lue's nurse and she said to check with Lue around the first week of March. He should be ready by that time to begin the Xiaflex injections.

Got Testosterone?

Shlomo

Dr. Martin Gelbard in Burbank, my urologist for Peyronies, conducted the clinical trials on Xiaflex, and both I and everyone I have asked have positive reports about him in general. I was actually referred to him by another urologist.

steto

I'm also a patient of Dr. Gelbard's and also waiting before I take the leap to the shot. He's shown me photographs of a patient of his from the study who had dramatic improvement, and he said others were clamoring to write testimonials. We shall see

Shlomo

Good luck with that if you do, and let us know if it works.  Unfortunately, Dr. Gelbard says I'm not a good candidate for Xiaflex because I have calcified plaque. Excision surgery is his recommendation for me.

Gap

Definitely Dr. Gelbard. When I first started this journey I worked with Dr. Lue and when he realized he couldn't help me, he sent me to Dr. Gelbard.  
"I can feel it in my hip"

RoyHobbs

Gap- why couldn't Lue help? And why was Gelbard then a better option?  

Gap

Hey - not sure why he couldn't help. He loaded me up on pentox and when that didn't work he suggested surgery. When he saw how severe my lateral curve was, he suggested that I go to Gelbard. Really optimistic about Xiaflex. If it doesn't work then I'll go for surgery.  
"I can feel it in my hip"

pvpey

Gelbard hands down. If I hadn't found him I probably would have wasted thousands and time on Verapimil injections. Xiaflex apparently the way to go in my case.