New to VED

Previous topic - Next topic

liber

Hi

Today I received my new Vitality manual pump. I have not seen a Urologist yet (appointment 27 February 2014) I'm keen to be fighting this now using the 5min x 3 gradual full erection as posted here.

Using it for the first time it seems easy to use and I got an excellent seal so virtually no loss of vacuum. Only thing is before my penis is fully erect the glans and head fill with blood to a point of stinging around the glans (I slightly deflate) this happens before the shaft of my penis is as hard as it can be. Funny as for sometime I've noticed head and glans rarely swell now with my natural erections.

I would say using the VED I got a 75% erection of the shaft before pain around glans was problematic, head and glans 100% swollen.

Hopefully your feedback will be, it's very early days so continue without pain. But all views much appreciated.

Cheers.......John

NeoV

Liber,

Please do not pump to the point of pain ever.
Stinging is assosciated with lymphatic vessel damage. I damaged myself by thinking that stinging was nothing to worry about. After all, it didnt even hurt really.. It just was a mild sting. Now my penis head is spongy and I have edema lasting months. I haven't touched the VED in nearly two months. I have no idea if my penis head will return to normal, though I saw some improvement earlier this month after stopping all sexual activity.

I also had the exact symptoms you describe. My glans would fill more than the other parts of my penis. I seemed to be able to fix this by pumping from a slight erection. This is accepted here in general it seems, but the consensus is to not pump from full erection. Try that out! Also try different angles. I don't know why, but pumping at a downward angle and slightly shaking the tube helped me.
Importantly, and echoed on these forums, is that a full erection is not necessary. It takes a long time for the penis to get used to the pressure in the tube. It has to slowly rebuild the circulation to accommodate for the pressure so to speak. The adage here is that with VED "less is more", it's a long haul and partial pumping is often said to be superior to full. Treat your Peyronie's like any other injury, treat sexual activity like a sport, be very delicate and give this time. VED carefully.

I am devastated I cannot use the VED at the moment. Please be careful. Since my symptoms were exactly like yours before the lymph damage, I just want you to be careful!!! If I could do it again I would never let my glans fill like that. Simply don't let it happen if you can. Pump low and safe and benefit. My glans is now enlarged and I really don't like how it looks and feels. Good luck!

-V

liber

NeoV and OldMan,

Thanks for your prompt replies, just the words I wanted to hear, positive and cautious.

NeoV thanks for sharing your problem, I'll certainly heed your advice gained from your own bitter experience, I hope your condition quickly resolves. For me no more stinging, thanks so much.

OldMan all directions will be followed, slow and deliberate pumps avoiding any discomfort.

Feeling positive about things now, I'm so pleased I'm at least trying to battle my Peyronies NOW rather than waiting the 11 weeks till I have my initial consultation with a Urologist.

Cheers.......John

liber

hi all
using my new ved to much better affect now after the received advice, slow controlled minor pumps seems best for me thus avoiding any pain.

couple questions:
1. having a very small penis i'm using the smallest insert, once pumped up it is rather tight (no discomfort) to the rubber ring seal, is that good? or should i have no contact between the shaft and the insert ring.
2. today i gained a natural erection for a few minutes, is it safe to use the ved in that situation?
thanks for reading and as ever feedback will be greatly appreciated.

cheers....john

NeoV

Liber,

I always felt most comfortable when the ring was not tight around the penis (small insert). But I don't think there is anything wrong with this so long as it's not causing any real pain. I prefer the larger insert, though I find that I usually need a partial erection to make it work best.

I would not recommend ever pumping from natural erection. I think this might have had something to do with my edema. Old Man also warned me not to do this. At the same time, I don't know if any science or sound arguments exist to back up the idea to avoid doing it. Like I said I always got the best stretch from a partial erection. But I don't know if what I was experiencing was good or bad..

I would say as a rule just be safe. I have a feeling pumping from an erection is just too much negative pressure pulling at something already very rigid.

liber

thanks NeoV

my natural erection happend whilst using the ved. guessing this is simply because i'm so new to using it. after your previous feedback i took things very easy so no stinging sensations.

it's all so alien to me so far, but i feel with guidance i'm learning quickly.

oh made a rice sock, who'd of thought something so simple could work, using it prior to ved exercise.

cheers......john

shippo

RICE SOCK?

Can someone explain please?

Regards

Jeff
SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.

liber

Neov i think invented this.

a sock and pour some rice (uncooked) in it, i used basmati (joke), tie sock end in a knot, pop in microwave for a minute or so. hey presto a heat pad and it lasts for 20mins. certainly feels like its benficial and eases my ache also limps things up prior to ved.

liber

is it acceptable to use ved twice a day, i see there are some who say yes. i am not having any sex so wondered if more ved should be deployed.

cheers.....john

RoyHobbs

Most urologists who actually prescribe as a treatment, and pretty much everyone on this board who has weighed would say no only do it once a day. I'm not a doctor but I wouldn't take that risk.

liber

roy hobbs - old man

thanks for taking the time leaving feedback, i'll definitely stick with one session a day. its of great assistance getting these questions answered.

cheers    john

liber

hello people,

i've noticed when using the ved my curve is a lot less pronounced compared to a natural erection. i'm hoping this is a good sign in as much that the scar tissue has some elasticity?....got to keep positive: )

have a good christmas one and all....liber

NDfan

Happens to me too but if the erection becomes strong enough, the normal bend appears. It will look straight when you're not pumping to 100% erection.

Knight

I noticed the same thing during the short period of time that I was able to use the VED. At 50% percent erect (or so) I appeared to be straight again. But as I neared the end of each session and reached 100% erection (or so) the curve was still there. The whole process seems confusing to me because I assumed the idea was to slowly induce a good stretch by the time each session was over. Unfortunately this was not the case for me and I believe I created more damage than benefit. Perhaps I was too far gone before I ever started VED therapy as my plaque is quite large and very hard. I believe I was tearing the tissues closet to the plaque by going for a healthy stretch. The moral of my story is heed the wisdom of The Old Man and others and be very careful. In my case I don't think I ever got excessive or radical with the pressure but it appears it was still too much. Go slow, easy does it and error on the side of caution or you will set yourself back. Best of luck!

Hawk

Knight,

From just your last post it is not clear what makes you think that you did more damage.  Could you elaborate?
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Knight

Pain. I have constant pain now and this is new. I've always dealt with some discomfort but not constant pain. I itch inside all most of the time too, but that is not new. The best way I can describe it is I feel like I'm constantly going through cycles of re-injuring myself and healing. Even nocturnal erections seem to cause injury. In the beginning the VED looked like it was going to be promising but it has seemed to really aggravate things every time I get going on it. And I really don't think I was being aggressive with pressure. I may have gotten too aggressive the first couple of weeks I used it because it looked like it might be working, but this last time I was extremely careful and couldn't finish a week before I stopped. It is possible that whatever happened the first time had not healed yet as my break away from the VED was only for about a week. I've been off from it a couple weeks now but I still have pain. The pain is right at the center of the hinge where my plaque feels very hard and sharp. It feels as hard as bone in there. I do not think I should try the VED again until the pain is completely gone and it looks like that is going to be awhile.

I have my doubts that the VED will ever work for me but I'm going to sincerely try. I don't have many other options. If you have any advise I'm very open to it.

Hawk

Hopefully you are on Pentox and are taking other measures to fight inflammation.  Getting this inflammatory phase under control is synonymous with preventing damage.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Knight

Yes and yes.

I really don't know what else I could be doing at this point. To be honest nothing really seems to be making a positive difference.

emasculated

I just got a single cylinder device a few days ago.
The situation for me is: Due to inflammation I have a hardening (hypercontractility of tunica albuginea and hypertonicity) which makes it difficult to obtain and maintain erections.
Sometimes the inflammation is less (I take Potaba for that) and then the ED is better.

I seem to have similar problems in the VED. I get a good seal. Start pumping slowly.. The member expands, but only in girth, not length!
So I pump a little and watch this thing get thicker and thicker until I'm scared and release the pressure. End of story.
I never get anywhere near an actual erection with the thing! What am I doing wrong here?

The little pumping had some benefit in that there is more blood flow, more filled up for approximately a day after which it's all back to it's
hardened bloodless, discomforting state. Thanks for any advice!
"Without health life is not life; it is only a state of languor and suffering - an image of death."

liber

i don't get a full VED erection size either. i'm going with the 'less is more' strategy. good luck it seems this is a marathon, fingers crossed it has positive results.