more and more confused??

Previous topic - Next topic

Jles

OK so i noticed my plaque was getting smaller. I didn't want to be to optimistic as the setbacks involving this disease have been devastating. So it reduced in size about half i refrained from any "stimulation" as the plaque was reducing size in the hopes that the next time i became aroused i may notice a positive change. To my shock when i tried things out today to my dismay the curve had gotten worse!? Is this normal with the plaque changing sizes as the curve increases? Os there no correlation between the progression of the plaque and the severity of the bend? Any info would help. Thank u

MikeSmith0

Jles,  There isn't always a great correlation between plaque and curve or narrowing.  For at least a full  years i had extremely firm, noticeable plaques.  First I had one, then they kind of split into 3 and I hoped they were dissolving.  Eventually, they all disappeared.  The curve remained - as did the narrowing AND the hinge!  I was not happy about this - but that was my experience.  I could still feel a tiny segment of hardness - but nothing like I started with.  Also, I had repeated ultrasounds, and the plaques were significantly reduced.  

This isn't the same for everyone, though.  There are a few reasons for this.  You may have scar tissue in the septum, and Gelbard (major peyronies doc) mentions on his site that this can be just as problematic as scar tissue that you can feel (see the question on this page from 12/7 about no plaque peyronies: Forum | Peyronies)  

Also, Peyronies causes a general thickening and inelasticity of the tunica in many men, so this is sometimes why plaque dissolving (alone) isn't the whole story.  

MattFoley

I agree with Mike. There is no "normal" with Peyronie's. There are also different ways of getting Peyronie's. I got it by smoking. Others got it from rough sex. Others got it from taking antibiotics or propecia. Others got it from low testosterone. And so on and so on. Study these forums. The best answers to our problems are located within these topics.

Good luck and God bless.
Got Testosterone?

NeoV

My penis tricks me in the same way. The curve looks worse at times than before flaccid, but when erect it looks much better than I've ever seen it. I think the whole restructuring of the penis takes time. I'm not sure if your using VED or not, but all that takes serious time. Just keep on doing what you can man.