News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Early Fibrosis

Previous topic - Next topic

wahoo

Hi all,

Thanks for the truly great information that everyone has posted on this website.  

I have been having pain in my penis and groin ever since I was taking trazadone for sleep issues about 6 months ago.  One of the side effects is that your nighttime erections last longer than usual.  I had some pain during the day that would usually go away.  Now the pain has persisted for months and is virtually unbearable even after light workouts.  I noticed hardening and shortening of my penis when flaccid and erections that aren't as large.  

I visited Urology at the Cleveland Clinic for the third time recently.  I was diagnosed today with early fibrosis.  I inquired about Pentox and imaging based on the guidance I got on this website.  The response was that the head of Urology there (a world renown expert on Peyronies) did not believe in Pentox and that surgery was the best solution in the worst cases.  He did provide a pamphlet on a VED.  I was floored.  Why wouldn't you want to at least give Pentox a shot?  Especially in the early stages of this disease?  What the?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable Urologist in the Ohio area that will at least give Pentox a try?

Thanks for reading.   Wahoo.

Knight

Welcome to the forum.

That doesn't even surprise me anymore, but it does make me angry. I had the same exact issue and did not find a urologist who would prescribe Pentox until my 3rd try. Even those who've had surgery and experienced wonderful success stories will tell you it should be your last resort. I think you are making the right decision by seeking a new doctor. From my experience you will find some of the best information out there right here on this site. Please keep us informed! Best of luck!