Peyronies Affecting Testicles?

Previous topic - Next topic

HopeToHeal

Hi All,

I have had a severe case of Peyronies since Oct. 2008. My case has always involved a lot of pain/inflammation (I have systemic inflammation from Lyme Disease). It settled into the non-active phase for the following four years, then I had a bad flare-up last year after a sexual experience that made things worse.

During that time, I noticed that I not only had pain in my penis (especially at the base), but also what felt like inflammation/pain in the upper part of my testicles. After that flare-up settled down, I seemed to always get pain/inflammation in the testicles after ejaculating, which led me to believe that the Peyronies was affecting my testicles as well as my penis.

About two weeks ago I had another sexual experience that seemed to trigger a Peyronies flareup. This time, the pain was mostly in the pubic area surrounding the penis and testicles. I also had some swelling of that area. It was worse on the left side, and the pain went away after about a week.

Two days ago I felt the area between the base of my penis and my left testicle where the pain had been - mostly to see if I could feel any lumps in the area. Within 30 minutes I began to get severe pain and swelling in my left testicle (and epididymis) which has continued to today.

I am seeing my GP today to rule out any other causes (testicular torsion, infection etc.), but I am wondering if this pain in my testicle could be the Peyronies. After all, it is covered with the same tissue (tunica albuginea) that is affected in Peyronies.

Has anyone else felt that their Peyronies has spread to their testicle area? Or that is causes pain there?

Thanks!

HopeToHeal

Thisismyusername

Around the same time that I developed chronic pain in my penis from peyronie's I also developed pain in my testicles and perineum and constant urinary pressure.  It seems very common for people to get general pelvic pain along with peyronie's but I don't think anyone understands why.  You may want to look into "chronic pelvic pain syndrome".  It is not necessarily well understood but there are many different treatments that people try and some people claim success.  One of the leading theories is that CPPS is caused my excessive muscle tension in the pelvic area.  In my case I'm unsure of whether or not peyronie's somehow caused CPPS or somehow exacerbated a mild asymptomatic case that I already had.  All I can say is that all the symptoms except the penile pain went away over time with me.  However I am still suffering pretty significant pain all day long in my penis 7 months later...

damian

I think that everyone who has peyronie's has issues with the pelvic floor too. It's somehow related.

My pain (peyronie's) is worse, when my cpps is worse... or the other way around.

jackp

Hope To Heal

The symptoms you are expressing could be from a prostate infection. Have you been to a urologist for a prostate exam and culture of your prostate fluid?

Jackp
http://jackp-penileimplant.blogspot.com

MattFoley

Good point, Jack.

HopeToHeal, if I need to check quickly to see if I have a UTI, I go to the Dollar Store and buy a cheap testing kit. Consider trying that.
Got Testosterone?

damian

JackP

90-95% diagnoses of prostatitis are CPPS (Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome). Why are you talking about an infection, if the chances are only 5% or less ?

the_Ushtipack - Please back up your post with facts!!! moderator

jackp

Ushipack

I have quoted no such statictics!! I have had BPH many times and it runs in my family. I have had the symptoms described and a DRE with a prostate fluid culture is needed to check for sure.  All I said was to go to a urologist and have it checked.

Jackp
http://jackp-penileimplant.blogspot.com  

damian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostatitis

"Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome, accounting for 90%-95% of prostatitis diagnoses,[4] used to be known as chronic nonbacterial prostatitis."

Just for the moderator

damian

JackP, I just asked how you got to this conclusion, if the symptoms of nonbacterial and bacterial prostatitis are the same and one out of 20 prostatitis diagnoses are bacterial? However, he should check it.

29mUK

Quote from: damian on November 06, 2013, 03:47:06 PM
I think that everyone who has peyronie's has issues with the pelvic floor too. It's somehow related.

My pain (peyronie's) is worse, when my cpps is worse... or the other way around.

^ I'd second this.

In answer to your original question, my testicular pain preceeded that in my penis. I actually went to see my GP about my balls, & it turned out my problem was nothing to do with them!

shaft

That's interesting.

Could you describe the testicular pain?

I had a stinging pain in the area (somewhat behind or to the left) of my left testicle. It came on quickly, not sharp, stinging and usually only when I walked. It was pretty distressing. I went to my GP who examined me, couldn't find any problems but referred me for an ultrasound, which is apparently standard procedure to rule out any cancer, etc. I'm yet to have that appointment.

It was immediately after that that I noticed my penis curving left and some slightly more specific pain at the left base of my penis, often when flaccid and usually when erect. It's the same generalised, stinging kind of pain that I have been feeling in my left testicular area. That testicular pain has not been as severe but is still present.

Quote from: 29mUK on May 20, 2014, 05:47:54 AM
In answer to your original question, my testicular pain preceeded that in my penis. I actually went to see my GP about my balls, & it turned out my problem was nothing to do with them!

29mUK

What you've described there, Shaft, is pretty much the exact way my Peyronies Disease initially presented.

Lucketts

I have the problem too.  The problem preceded peyronies, and I went to a dermatologist thinking that it was some irritation or ingrown hair on the scrotum. The pain is at the bottom left of the shaft where the scrotum skin begins, so it's difficult to tell if the pain is from the penis or scrotum --- or both.  When I went to the urologist and mentioned this problem, he felt the base of the penis and said that I have plaque down there. The pain is a constant sting -- maybe at a 2 level. I think the pain increased a week or two ago when I tried to use a traction device.

shaft

Thought I'd post an update to my previous reply.

It took two months to get the ultrasound exam which showed no problems with my testicles, phew. But it did reveal a small cyst in my epididymis resulting in:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epididymitis

However, the bend in my penis persists. It seems rather strange that these two things seemed to occur at the same time. Coincidence is not causation, however.

I will have to consult my doctor again. I was so relieved to get a clean bill of health on my testicles that the apparent Peyronies took a back seat. Also, while the bent penis persists, the pain in that area has essentially gone, so I can only suppose that was related to the epididymitis which was treated with antibiotics and NSAIDS. I'm waiting to see if this treament will be long-term successful.

Personal note: I was pretty anxious--read:F^@$!ng scared---about the testicle ultrasound even though my doctor found nothing of concern with a physical exam. But since testicular issues often remain hidden, if you get the chance for an ultrasound, take it. Peace of mind is a very good thing. At the very least, it eliminates a worrisome possibility.

phoenix1647

For a lot of years before my Peyronies Disease showed up, I had a lot of episodes of epididimitis. Then I had a bad UTI (prostistis) and prostate surgery (TUNA). My prostate surgery was 16 years ago and it is still holding. Last DRE showed an enlarged prostate but not big enough to get excited about.  
I now rare epididimitis, just mostly Peyronies Disease pain. During the course of my Peyronies Disease, the pain was never that bad with only a few exceptions. Even now, most pain is dull, does not last very long. I will get a sharp pain on a rare occassion. I can endure the pain very well at this point. At this point in time, I am less concerned about the pain as I am the curvature (45-60 degrees). Sex is not an option for now.

Sta

My personal experience says Peyronies Disease and CPPS are the manifistations of the same cause. Please try to contact David Wise for pelvic pain treatment and relaxation lessons (google yourself it is easy).

Now after 4 years of practicng David's approach (mainly in the area of relaxation techiques) I can control both Peyronies Disease and CPPS. I still flare ups during stressful periods but I redused them by 95 % of it used to be.

At the beginning of my sad journey I also experienced CPPS and different locations and onset of Peyronies Disease.  
Born 1985, Peyronie's since 2011/12. Lost approximately 3 cm of length and seriously bottlenecked.

NeoV

That's great news Sta. I have found the same thing, that my Peyronie's at least has some major connection to my pelvic floor, and as I learned to relax it and stop clenching, I now don't have hard flaccid at all and my symptoms are much much better. It wasn't my only "treatment," but I see it as critical to recovery and overall penile health.

29mUK

Quote from: shaft on July 09, 2015, 10:38:54 PM
It took two months to get the ultrasound exam which showed no problems with my testicles, phew. But it did reveal a small cyst in my epididymis resulting in:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epididymitis

However, the bend in my penis persists. It seems rather strange that these two things seemed to occur at the same time. Coincidence is not causation, however.

Had exactly the same experience & thought exactly the same.

Similarly, I've also learnt there's some connection between my Peyronies Disease & pelvic floor. Comforting to know others are experiencing the same & that I'm not some kind of medical anomaly, as I've been largely fobbed off by Urology in London.

dever

Wow I have had a similar problem I think, pain in my testicles, but I thought it was unrelated. Has anyone had any help with this from their doctor?

Paolo

Hi dever and welcome,

Below is a link to an earlier thread regarding testicle pain, it may be useful  :)

TO FOLLOW
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

dever

Paolo thank you, but I don't see the link.

The nurse practitioner who has made the preliminary diagnosis of Peyronies for me, was not aware of any connection with testicle pain. What are your symptoms like, if I may ask?

Paolo

dever, see below;
Has your pain subsided some after acute phase? - Peyronies Society Forums

I am afraid you are in what is known as the acute phase of peyronie's, that unfortunately can last 12-18 months but you will need to control the pain, try ALC and magnesium chloride.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

dever

Is the acute phase more associated with testicle pain?

dever

Several years ago I fell in a way that I landed on my penis and testicles. I have had recurring testicle pain since but no help from doctors. About 9 months ago I noticed lumps in the shaft of my penis and now an increasing amount of curvature. I have an appointment with a urologist next Monday.

Paolo

dever, I refer you to my (PM) messages I have sent

Woodynson

Hi There,

I have peyronie for a year now, and i think that my left testicle is bigger than before, and bigger than the right testicle. And it's kind of sore...

I'm going to consult a doctor, to see if it's normal to feel this way. I'll let you know.  
36 years old. Peyronie since dec 2018. left side base. Manual stretching, pentox and colchicine combo. Considering surgery.

Woodynson

Reporting back...
Doctor said it's normal having testicles in different sizes.
And once the pain is gone, i don't have to worry. Ultrasound showed nothing abnormal.  
36 years old. Peyronie since dec 2018. left side base. Manual stretching, pentox and colchicine combo. Considering surgery.