Possible Peyronies Disease & ED? (Long/History)

Previous topic - Next topic

jjohn82

Just want to see what others think. I posted something similar to another part (causes) of the forum, but it wasn't really a question.

In early Oct, I had pain in my right testicle. It lasted long enough to hit up a walk-in clinic thinking it was Epididymitis. Given 10 days of Doxy. Pain went away for the most part, but came back about a week later. Back to the walk-in, they gave me Augmenten for 10 days. Pain didn't really go away again, it was off and on.

Fearing possible cancer I wanted to check it out even though I felt no lumps. Went to a urologist in September, said I had Prostatitis which caused the Epididymitis. Prescribed 28 days of Cipro without any tests.

I stopped Cipro with 4 pills (2 days) left because I couldn't take the indigestion, heartburn, and spotty insomnia anymore. I probably should have stopped sooner.

Three days after coming off the Cipro, I had massive pressure in the base of my penis and what felt like into the Perineum. It was slightly painful to touch, and to lean forward or sit directly on it. When I lean on it, it kind of makes me have to urinate, or gives the sensation as such.

Most of the pressure has subsided, and a follow up with the urologist says my prostate isn't swollen or tender anymore. The base of my penis is painful when squeezed with thumb and index finger, and I noticed what might be a small lump forming on the right side near a vein. Pushing the lump is slightly painful. The pain running further down the shaft (into my body) seems to have subsided also, but not totally.

Today, I was going to masturbate, but noticed I could no longer get an erection. I could feel pleasure in the penis head (backside) for the most part, but it wouldn't become erect. Also, since coming off the Cipro i've noticed that sometimes (maybe 1 or 2x a day) that after urination it doesn't 'feel' like I finished.

Anyone think this is the beginning of Peyronies Disease and that the ED is related? Since it's early, anyone have any suggestions to help out? It's been about 2 weeks since stopping my Cipro.

jackp

jj

I have prostate and kidney problems, it runs in my family also.  What you are describing is a chronic prostate infection. I have had several over my lifetime. Cipro is the number 1 antibiotic prescribes for prostate infections, but it is not effective for me.  

1. See another urologist for a second opinion.
2. Drink 2 8oz glasses of cranberry juice cocktail every day. No citrus fruit of juice! Soft drinks or alcohol.
3. Start taking Saw Palmetto. It takes 6 weeks plus to start helping.
4. If you smoke or use tobacco STOP.
5. Drink 8 glasses of water a day.

Prostate infections can be hard to get over. I had my first at 35 and it took me a year to get over it.  I started taking Saw Palmetto about 20 years ago and now at 71 my prostate is normal without any of the prostate drugs.

Hope this helps.

Jackp
http://jackp-penileimplant.blogspot.com

jjohn82

Hi jackp. Thanks for the outlook. I will get some Saw Palmetto.

On my follow up Thursday (yesterday) I was told that it is a chronic prostate infection. Then I mentioned about the pain at the base of the penis than runs down the sides and back and seems to go into my body. The urologist felt it a bit, and quickly stated Peyronies and "nothing you can do but watch it". Said it was from sexual damage. Well, sad as it is... I haven't been active in quite sometime, and I don't get crazy during masturbation.

The urologist said my prostate wasn't inflamed or tender. Do you still think that it is just the prostate infection and not Peyronies?

In the mean time I will call my main doctor and ask for a 2nd referral. I have no idea about finding a Urologist that specializes in Peyronies (or at least wants to deal with it). Any resources to look at online?

Thanks!