DMSO, DMSO based Solutions and TOPICAL Treatments

Previous topic - Next topic

slowandsteady

Quote from: ocelot556 on August 01, 2009, 01:29:33 PM
Are you taking curcumin orally, as well, or just administering it topically?
Just orally; 2 g mixed into olive oil, and I've started taking it on waking and after supper. Its molecular weight is 368.39, so it would be a candidate. There would be the color issue to contend with. Better let the wife know first. ;)

TheSolution

I wanted to reply about DMSO and its inflammatory properties. I have been in the acute phase for 8 months now with pain 24/7. Within 6 days of using 70% DMSO, my pain went away for 1 week. Then is come back after sex. It then went away again within 2 weeks. Now its back again after "her being on top" sex. So sex it out for awhile, but I am confident I can get rid of the pain now.

I am not sure of the plaque removing properties, but the science behind DMSO is irrefutable about its pain relieving ability. I was recommended this 5 yrs ago for shoulder pain by my Chemistry professor. DMSO was huge in the 60' and 70's for immediate pain relief. Even the Chemistry secretary used it for migraines back then. In was sold everywhere back then. It does work. There are a ton of research papers showing its pain relieving abilities. The FDA banned it because of drug use. It become the method for junkies to ingest drugs. Only one women has been linked to a death from DMSO. Which means its ultra safe since Vioxx killed thousands. Go look up deaths from NAID'S, DMSO is safer in my opinion.

None of the studies show any health problems with it. So there is real science behind its safety and effectiveness for local pain relief. Now as a treatment or cure for this problem, only time will tell. But I am so thankful that the pain is getting under control and I can function during the day without obsessing about my penile pain 24/7.

I was using the 70% DMSO in liquid form. I am about to the try the thacker formula. I did spell some of the 99% DMSO on my hand, it burned. Do not apply that directly, its way too strong. Do not wash this stuff off with soap. It could suck the soap in. Wash it with water if you need to. I take a shower afterwards with water only or just let it evaporate.  No soap or shampoo.

It would be good if any others are getting pain relief to post that. I was taking 16 advil a day with no results. I took celebrex and had a bad skin reaction that really hurt. Vicodin did nothing. Demoral made me wacko. This seems safer to me than all of them.    

I also never let it touch my penis head or scrotum, that seems to burn slightly. I guess they are too senstive for this. If I have some discomfort after using, I apply castor oil afterwards. I will modify that by using the thacker formula straight away.

I have been using this for 1.5 months now.  

j

MUSICMAN

Yes my pain went away too. (not by using a DMSO solution) The pain was replaced with plaque and most of you know what that did to the angle of the dangle. I do think not having real sex (not natural erections) might lessen the inflammation for some of us.

newguy

I haven't explored this area yet, though I am of course aware of the risks as well as potential benefits. Does this look like an appropriate product choice:  http://www.phhealth.co.uk/content/dmso-gel

TheSolution

I did mix a batch of 70% DMSO (99%), 20% Apple Vinegar and 10% Castor oil. The mixture got hot and that surprised me. I have a BioChem background and an exothermic reaction means that something in the mix did react. I looked it up, DMSO reacts with Acetic acid (vinegar) to form acetic anhydride. Normally needs a catalyst to really go, but at this DMSO concentration, does not.
The problem is that acetic anhydride is a known skin irritant and the fumes are harmful to the lungs. Its not a 100% reaction and maybe really weak, but it does present a new chemical into the equation. It does burn as I tried some on my hand. My other 70% DMSO with Aloe does not burn. The vinegar on its own does not burn either. Something is an irritant in it. I am not saying it can't work or is even dangerous, but be careful. Vinegar is normally forming anhydrides on its own in the bottle, but its a slow reaction and safe, DMSO is speeding that up. The strong heat is proof. My bottle went to 110 F from room temp after mixing.

Hopefully I did have real DMSO and real apple vinegar and not some bogus stuff. Anyone else see the heat on mixing?

So for now I am staying with my 70% DMSO that is 70% DMSO, 30% Aloe. This is at least reducing the pain for me.  I do not have plaques, my bend is from forming scar tissue and is getting worse lately from too much sex, which I obviously need to stop for now. But nothing is hard like plaque, so my interest was for pain and its working. It really does work for pain. Within 20 minutes, the pain is reduced by 50% or more. I am using Castor oil or Vitamin E to stop any burning if I get some on other parts that are more sensitive and to soften the skin.

newguy

thesolution - the ingredients of the solution in the link I posted are as follows:

Dimethyl sulfoxide 70% (700 mg/mL) deionized water, carbopol, sodium carbonate.

Do you think this would be suitable for use?

Angus

It seems every 2 or 3 years DMSO becomes an active topic again after lying fallow for a while. I suppose Thackers will always be intriguing and hold interest. I'm not going to go on a Thackers rant, but I will suggest to you guys to be careful with this stuff and the concoctions. You don't have to post in defense of DMSO... I'm just saying be careful with home brews.  

Iceman

i tried DMSO for 6 months - waste of time and money and laundry - i reckon the VED is helping me at the moment - i was off it for 2 months due to housing issues and convenience , i mean its a bit hard walking around with a ved - sneaking into the bathroom etc for 20 mins each night - very suss...... but now im back at home im into the swing of it and routine and found its a big help - my dick was starting to look like the hunchback of notre dame and now it seems to be filling out more and getting back length

slowandsteady

Quote from: Angus on August 05, 2009, 09:53:20 PMI suppose Thackers will always be intriguing and hold interest.

There seems to have been more heat than light in the discussion a few years back. I try to stick to the science.

s&s

ocelot556

In this case, Angus, I think it's more about using DMSO as a transdermal tool (as opposed to a direct injection of whatever it is we're trying to get directly into the plaque) than about some mythical formula made by a small town doctor's grandfather who never thought to tell anyone but a secretive poster who for some reason was the only one exclusively allowed to contact that doctor.

newguy

slowandsteady - How are your DMSO experiences going thus far?

slowandsteady

Quote from: newguy on August 06, 2009, 04:42:51 PM
slowandsteady - How are your DMSO experiences going thus far?

I don't use it regularly. When I do, I only use it for transport across the skin: I've tried using a few things like resveratrol, vitamins AEKD, alt-711, niacinimide, and taurine. I've only considered it as a secondary treatment after oral supplements. Nothing groundbreaking to report, but what I'm doing is miles away from a controlled trial. Thanks to Hawk for pointing out that it only works with certain sized molecules; too bad nattokinase is so big.

TheSolution

It appears that DMSO can turn carboxylic acids which are common in our foods and natural products into esters. Both castor oil (ricinoleic acid) and acetic acid are carboxylic acids or have some content. This reaction is weak and not complete. This reaction is reversed upon entering water where it breaks down rapidly into the original stuff. Esters are not really bad, they are actually strong smelling things like fragrances, the smell of an apple etc...

The problem is that the acetic acid (vinegar) ester is not a nice one. Its a very corrosive substance. I pulled the MSDS sheet for it.
Its called acetic anhydride and its a mirror image of itself and gets the anhydride label.

I think the castor oil is good and I have used it with dmso. I would caution against throwing any oil stuff in dmso as certain things will really react and its very difficult to know what. Anything with a O=C-OH bond is going to react. Take a look at the molecule online and you can get an idea. But this is really difficult science and its over my head now. Too many years gone by. Maybe an active chemist is here who can help. I might be wrong here. Just reading the Chemistry book and seeing a very exothermic reaction here. No other explanation I can think of.

For those who have used it or using it. I would not freak out at all. If it works, then thats your call. These sheets cover every possible affect. It looks like swallowing, breathing it and getting in the eye are the major problems. So be careful. This makes sense. Upon entering water, it will break down and grab a hydrogen atom and leave OH-. Thats lye and very corrosive. But in the blood stream, that OH- is neutralized by the body quickly. The problem I see is the skin is dried out quickly and can be damaged by it. Maybe the castor oil is stopping that problem. I would make sure to clean it with water on it afterwards to rehydrate the skin and make sure the base OH- is gone. After entering water though, the acetic acid is back and now in the bloodstream as intended. The mutagenic affect or cancer causing affect of Acetic anhydride would certainly be on the lungs and stomach as they don't like basic conditions for long. But its unlikely that this little amount affects the internal pH of the blood and causes that in the body after using. Can't be sure about the penis skin cells. So wash it off afterwards. OH- is corrosive and causes the big C over time on the throat and lungs. Avoid the vapors!

For Acetic Anhydride - MSDS sheet
Inhalation:
Vapors are corrosive to the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract. Exposure to vapors may cause irritation of the nose, throat, and coughing. Exposure to high concentrations may result in severe damage to the lungs. Symptoms of lung edema are often delayed and are aggravated by physical effort.
Ingestion:
Corrosive. Causes a burning pain in the stomach, followed by nausea and vomiting.
Skin Contact:
Corrosive: Does not cause severe burning on contact but can cause delayed reaction burns. If not removed by washing, the skin may become reddened and later turn white and wrinkled. Continued skin contact may cause dermatitis.
Eye Contact:
Corrosive: Contact with the liquid or vapor may produce a burning sensation and tearing. Redness, pain and blurred vision may be followed by permanent eye damage. The appearance of eye burns may be delayed. Irritation effects begin with airborne concentrations as low as 0.36 mg/m3.
Chronic Exposure:
Repeated and prolonged exposure to vapor may cause irritation of the skin and chronic eye irritation.
Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions:
Persons with pre-existing skin disorders or eye problems, or impaired respiratory function may be more susceptible to the effects of the substance.

TheSolution

One important fact about these reactions. They are very weak and not complete which is good for us. Normally DMSO is very stable and won't do anything. (In this case, its helping the Vinegar react with itself in the absense of pure water which is normally good for giving H+ to any acids and keeping them stable).
Also certain compounds really speed them up. A salt will throw this reaction to completion. So if you use DMSO, don't just throw anything all together. Salts will really affect these things. Make sure the stuff has no Iodine content  or any metal salt. Its a catalyst and shifts this thing bigtime. I am going to try white vinegar this weekend to see if it reacts as much. Maybe the apple vinegar has too much junk. Pectinase is too big to make it in anyway. Why not use pure vinegar. (diluted of course). I don't understand the apple vinegar other than previous habit. Plus, Pectinase works well at a pH of 4-5. Not 6.5 to 7.5 like our blood.

Enzymes do have working ranges. They can be useless in certain environments and temperatures. Our body enzymes don't work outside of 95-105Deg F. Thats why we die when we our outside that range.

TheSolution

Newguy,

I am not familiar with Carbopol. On the web it says its acrylic acid crosslinked. Is so, it will never get into the skin as its huge. Not even on the scale of this stuff we are doing. Its a piece of plastic. I must not be looking at the right thing. If its a brand name, please let me know what it is.

The sodium bicarbonate is probably not a good one as its everywhere in the blood already. Carbonate ions are the main way we control pH of the blood. So its already there in the carbonate acid form. H2CO3 or HCO3-. (sodium bicarb is NACO3. So lose the sodium and CO3(2-)grabs some H+ from water.)

Plus, this is a salt and can really do weird things in DMSO and acids. Salts are things with sodium, potassium or calcium at the start of the name. (not 100% accurate, but that will cover the things we are doing). The Na+ leaves and this creates a negative ion that is very reactive and has no H+ to stabilize like in water. So its very reactive stuff. Caroboxylic acids like I described before are far less reactive. Pure negative ions will react and create unknown stuff. Adding lots of water would change this, but then the DMSO would be too dilute.

But this chemistry gets really complicated fast. Normally you do the reaction and then start running checks to see what you got or didn't get. That is the 100% way to know. I lack the testing equipment nowadays to know.

I think if we stick with normal natural stuff and stay away from salts,  its probably much better for you. All these weak acids are going to react to an ester and then want an H+ ion and get it in the blood and be fine. Just don't forget to wash off the stuff with water or castor oil to make sure you get any left over OH- off your direct skin. Maybe better to finish with pure castor oil. The castor oil does seem to really help by itself anyway, so it can't hurt.

(The msds sheet even says it. The skin burns can be delayed. Thats because it leaves OH- behind and thats corrosive stuff. So neutralize it with water or something with an H+ to give like Castor oil. Its not like you have 500 grams of leftover OH-. Its very small, and will be fine with anything other than air or nothing. I am unsure if the castor oil in the mix does this. Better to play it safe.)

newguy

Thanks for the detailed posts TheSolution. I might try DMSO it on its own for a while and see what results I get. Do you have a good / reliable source for DMSO? I'm in the UK and unsure of where to purchase it from. It doesn't sound like the kind of thing that any changes should be taken with in terms of impurity and whatnot.

newguy

I took the time to read through the archive and some of the posts there do appear to suggest that Thackers Formula was useful for some individuals. However, nowadays the attitude towards these treatments isn't really all that positive. In part I assume this is because if not followed correctly (and possibly even if it is) DMSO treatments are risky. This also explains why at least in many countries they are not really explored all that much. There must be more to it than that though. Is there the feeling that some of the replies back then are dishonest or inacurate? It's hard for me to get a full understanding and appreciation of the flow of conversation back then.

ocelot556

Yes, newguy, I agree with you on the flow of the conversation.

I have trouble believing that there was a guy who's father was a small-town doctor who found a home remedy for an as of yet incurable condition, was the only person to have ever reached this conclusion and never conferred with another doctor or included the medical community in this find.

I have trouble believing the he gave the solution to his son, another physician with no desire to advance the medical community in any way, short of having furtive meetings with a single member of this forum, because the son was too thin-skinned to tolerate people doubting the solution's efficacy.

I'm surprised this got so much play on the forum. It just seems so... disingenuous. I'll admit to considering giving it a shot, sort of - instead I bought a DMSO/aloe solution that DID help me with my acute bouts of pain. But as soon as I found a better alternative (Pentox) I discontinued use.

slowandsteady

DMSO is used in plastic surgery (PMID 19338814). Apparently it can temporarily increase tissue elasticity. I wonder if it might help those using traction. (I don't see myself using traction; just a thought I had).

s&s

newguy

s&s -  In scleroderma patients I believe that it was found to return some elasticity too. Are there many refernences to DMSO and elasticity around? DMSO Studies have been very limited, so it's hard to tell how much it really helps. Some people here have suggested that it's useful at pain relief though, so I'm going to try it out. Also my LDN should be here in a couple of weeks. Interesting times.

newguy

QuoteCombined nonlinear imaging technique reveals interaction of chemical agent with dermal collagen

Some chemical agents, including dimethyl-sulfoxide (DMSO), induce temporary transparency of the skin. This process, known as skin optical clearing, provides a direct solution for a problem well known to dermatologists: a limited view of what lies underneath the skin's upper layer. By making the skin's upper layer temporarily transparent, application of DMSO can thus aid the diagnosis of skin conditions.

Despite its usefulness, the actual mechanism of DMSO induced skin clearing is not understood. This lack of understanding also limits the application of the skin clearing method. It is, therefore, important to find out what the interactions are between DMSO and skin components that underlie the observed optical clearing effect. Experiments in vitro have suggested that the interaction of DMSO with collagen may play an important role in the clearing process. To confirm this hypothesis, BLI LAMMP researchers have now performed accurate experiments in skin in situ.

Laser scanning microscope system on which the experiments were performed. Measuring both the local concentration of the clearing agent and the dermal collagen in intact skin samples is not trivial. Students Max Zimmerley and Anthony McClure, in a joint project with LAMMP principal investigators Bernard Choi and Eric Potma, accomplished such measurements by combining second harmonic generation (SHG) microscopy with coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering (CARS) imaging. Whereas SHG exhibits excellent sensitivity to collagen, CARS allows a sensitive registration of the local DMSO concentration.

By performing careful measurements, the research team managed to determine the overall decrease of fibrous collagen as a function of DMSO concentration in the human dermis. When a correlation with the skin's light scattering properties was made, the measurements revealed a likely correlation between skin optical clearing and the DMSO induced changes to the fibrous collagen matrix.

The results of this study, which are published in the April issue of Applied Optics, provide an important step to a comprehensive understanding of the skin optical clearing process. Future studies will focus on the reversibility of this process and on establishing clear benchmarks for the clinical applicability of DMSO as an optical clearing agent.

For more information please contact
Bernard Choi (choib@uci.edu)
Eric Potma (epotma@uci.edu)
- http://www.bli.uci.edu/news/news.php?id=dmso

It related to the skin, but due to the nature of DMSO, it's not entirely unlikely that it relates to areas beneath the skin too. An interesting and recent finding on a site about lasers, of all places. DMSO possibly compromises the structure of collagen fibers. To what extent it specifically targets overproduction of collagen , if it does at all, is something that would be interesting to know. If I find any interesting studies in relation to that I'll post them.

Further reading: http://choi.bli.uci.edu/pdfs/LSM_2009_41_142.pdf  cites the above findings.  

young25

Which is a better DMSO product to be bought? Only DMSO or DMSO with Aloe Vera? I am providing the link to both the products, can anybody help me with which is better. Thanks

http://www.vitacost.com/DMSO-Unfragranced-Gel-4-oz?csrc=GPF-606746111422

http://www.vitacost.com/DMSO-Gel-with-Aloe-Vera?csrc=GPF-606746111835

slowandsteady

Quote from: young25 on September 08, 2009, 08:46:28 AM
Which is a better DMSO product to be bought? Only DMSO or DMSO with Aloe Vera?

I would not get DMSO with aloe vera. DMSO transports low molecular weight molecules through the skin.

"Cytotoxicity of a low molecular weight fraction from Aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis Miller) gel" (PMID 9403965):
QuoteThe toxic activity of LMWF [low mol. wt fraction] was compared to that of sodium dodecyl sulfate (a well-known toxic substance), aloe-emodin and aloin (an anthraquinone and its precursor present in Aloe vera cortex) using the chemilumescence assay, and was found to be of similar potency to these toxic substances on a weight-to-weight basis. These results confirm that Aloe vera gel contains toxic low mol. wt compounds, and every effort must be made to limit the amount of these toxins in the commercially prepared Aloe vera gel products.

s&s

young25

Thanks S&S, I will go with only DMSO then. Also did you find any benefit of DMSO on erections?  

slowandsteady

No, but then I don't use it everyday so I haven't given it a fair shot.

s&s

TheSolution

After trying the different formulas, I can not find anyway to make the DMSO not burn unless I just buy the premixed aloe formula. For me, this is pretty benign and helpful for pain. I don't believe it has any affect on bend, but sometimes its nice to reduce pain.

But I am not using right now as I have found that ALC and my spa are helping more. The hyperthemia is doing more for my pain than anything. I am also using hyperbaric chamber and HGH. Pain is way down. I will write about those in another forum.

young25

most of the people who were part of initial set who were using DMSO are not posting now in the forum.. Is it something to do with them getting better as very few people getting better share their stories? My DMSO is on its way so was just going through the whole thread. Anybody in touch with avid DMSO user..

slowandsteady

Taurine can be available to the tissues topically according to PMID 18438702.

gerMike

I would say, IF they saw the slightest improvement then they would post it here. I definitely would.

Blade

I agree they may have seen improvement and just don't report it. When I do see improvement I'll want everyone to know. These curves and bends are Royal pains.

Glowingstorm

Simple Question....

What are my options for obtaining pure Pharma grade DMSO or near-Pharma grade DMSO (ie. veteranarian  grade)

Can it be bought from overseas???
Are there legal loopholes to obtain it in the states...???
Is the DMSO found in hardware stores really that bad????

What grade of DMSO do **YOU** use???

If you can answer all or any of these questions..., it'd be appreciated, thanx!!!! :)

PS: can i get pharma grade DMSO from a naturalogist?? or a homeopathic doctor (whatever the term is...) thanx again

slowandsteady

You can get DMSO on amazon. I don't know what grade level it is.

Glowingstorm

Fortunately I've answered alot of my own questions that i posted as of recent. My next question is how do you determine the mixing ratio of DMSO to another chemical... such as "X" # of mL for every "X" # of milligrams?

Blade

I'm an American overseas and I ordered my DMSO 99.9% from the USA. I ordered from Jacob,s Lab and had it delivered to a friend and he brought it over. Could not taste the garlic that's some say comes with it when applied. Please read the posts here on handling. Be careful out there!

Tim468

Dear Glowingstorm,

First attempt to post got eaten up (not sure how).

Whenever a first few posts by a newcomer here are on a treatment that is not first line, I worry a little bit. There are other, better treatments than DMSO. Read up here to see what we are all trying out - you will not find many (any?) success stories with DMSO.

That said, yes, non-medical grade DMSO IS "that bad". Remember that it transports small molecules in it into you. Any small molecules it seems. Non medical grade DMSO may include solvents and other possibly carcinogenic substances. I would think very long and hard about that.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

chefcasey

I'm just about running out of my vit. e coco butter oil that I've been using for masturbation/ved lubrication.  Just wondering if there was a consensus on what works best to make the veins and skin look healthiest?  I've been reading on these "essential vein oils" that people rave about, but apparently you have to make it yourself.  I'm just looking for something to buy at the store.

perhaps something that works as a good ved lubricant too?

GS

"The mechanism by which minoxidil promotes hair growth is not fully understood. Minoxidil is a potassium channel opener, causing hyperpolarization of cell membranes  Minoxidil is also a vasodilator. It is speculated that by widening blood vessels and opening potassium channels, it allows more oxygen bugs, blood and nutrients to the follicle."

If topical minoxidil increases blood flow to hair follicles, is there any efficacy to using it to increase blood flow to one's penis?

This makes sense to me and I would like to see our member's thoughts.  Particularly, could it do harm?

GS

slowandsteady

On the plus side, minoxidil is a small molecule (209 daltons), so it could have good transdermal penetration. It looks like hopes that minoxidil would be effective as an anti-fibrotic didn't quite pan out.

GS

While doing more on line research on minoxidil, I have read several stories about it causing sexual side effects.  So, even if it is good for blood flow, it may not be a good thing for our penises.  I will continue to research and see what I find.

GS

George999

Its been years since Thacker's Formula has been discussed on this forum.  Interestingly, tonight, on the Doctor Oz show the point was made that major anti-inflammatory properties are being attributed to TOPICAL CASTOR OIL, a major component of Thacker's Formula.  The recommendation is to use topical Castor Oil with heat as a topical anti-inflammatory treatment.  Is this interesting or is this interesting?  - George

BentYoung

George -

This is interesting. I have personally used castor oil along with a heating pad for several months. I found that the external skin felt smoother and more elastic, but the internal scarring remained unchanged. This seems like a logical treatment, but I wish the oil had more penetrative qualities.  

George999

Perhaps that is the role the DMSO plays.  But perhaps also it is actually the castor oil that is the major anti-inflammatory agent and not the DMSO itself.

rd

Has anyone had any success with the thackers formula? Also can you refresh what it is. I looked around and started to look through the long thread on here about it but am not sure what or how you apply it.

qowpel

I figure WHY NOT. I might as well use the stuff you know? Even if it takes forever to see results or a bit of improvement while using it.

The problem is, well, how the heck do you mix it?

Because you can watch a drop of dsmo evaporate if it hits a surface, well at least the skin. And castor oil is VERY thick guys. So how would one evenly mix castor oil, which is thick, apple cider vinegar, which is very thin, and dmso? Because what I have been doing is applying the castor oil to the guaze first. Then the apple cider vinegar. I throw the gauze on after applying those two, and thenwrap it around the penis and then put a buncha dmso on top of it as it soaks through.....

But I have heard of others using this, would take a glass bowl or something, and mixing the ingredients in that bowl, and then soaking the gauze in the mixture, rather than the method I have listed above..... Thoughts?  By the way, It is 10% castor oil, 20% apple cider vinegar, and then 70% dmso

rd

Anyone have any news to report on this. I've recently added this to my plan, and do notice some tingling/itching in the area of the plaque/lump when applied.

nemo

Years ago when I tried Thacker's, I remember itching and even skin irritation all along the penis.  It wasn't unbearable.  The only thing Thacker's did for me (and I think I tried it about six months or more, maybe close to a year) was it seemed to improve my erections.  Not sure what to attribute this to.  Didn't do anything to reduce scar tissue though, not that I could tell.

Nemo
51 yrs. old, multiple auto-immune conditions. First episode of Peyronies Disease in 2002. Recurred a couple times since. Over the years I have tried Topical Verapamil, Iontophoresis, all the supps and Cialis + Pentoxifylline. Still functional, always worried.

Luciano

Here in europe some urologists prescribe a topical gel called Contractubex for Peyronies Disease. It is supposed to help with Dupuytren's contracture. And as I understand Dupuytren's contracture is related to Peyronies Disease. (xiaflex is also used for Dupuytren's).

QuoteDrug name: Contractubex

Active substance: allantoin, heparin sodium and onion extract

Pharmacological effects: Contractubex contains a combination of onion extract, allantoin and heparin sodium. Contractubex exerts fibrinolytic, anti-inflammatory, anti-thrombotic and keratolytic action. Contractubex stimulates cells regeneration and inhibits the proliferation of fibroblasts.

Indications: Contractubex is approved for the treatment of the following conditions:

* Hypertrophic and cheloid scars that occur after surgical interventions, amputations, burns and traumas
   * Stiff joints
   * Dupuytren's contracture
   * Traumatic tendinous contraction
   * Atrophic scars
   * Acne and shingles (chicken pox) scars
   * Scars following ulceration and acid burns.
   * Biopsy & Breast amputation scars.

Warnings and Precautions: Contractubex should not be used in the following conditions:

* Hypersensitivity to any components of the preparations.
   * Having light therapy (called phototherapy) for your skin condition

Contractubex should be used with caution in pregnancy, breastfeeding and children
Do not cover the area being treated with bandages, dressings, or wraps.

Contractubex side effects: Drugs may cause side effects which in specific patients may manifest differently. In the following paragraph we want to underline the most serious and frequent side effect of Contractubex  that  were identified by the drug manufacturers. The possibility of the adverse effect manifestation depends only on the individual and his specific traits.

* In rare cases Contractubex  side effects include: local skin reactions such as rash, hives, redness, burning, dry skin

For full information on any risks and adverse effects associated with Contractubex, please consult your doctor, read the included leaflet or contact our customer support service.

As 100g tube costs  33 € (about 50$) I'm going to try it. (It does not require prescription)
I realize that there is no point applying it everywhere, but I have a visible scar just beneath the gland going half around it, I will try it there. I will post results if any, but my pharmacist said it will take time to work. (on normal scars)
L.

More info:
I just found  this post on peyronies.org:
Quotei have seen a doctor who has suggested pentoxyfylline 400 mg three times day,Beta Sclerobion two times a day.he has alo asked me to apply contractubex gel and fudic cream on the penis several times a day(i can see on the prescription for contractubex gel that it is useful in duptrutren contracture ).i have been on these medicines for four months but there is very little benfit .the tissue is still there .I have read on the net that pentoxifylline trental has to be taken for atleast 6 months to see its full effects.
So I do not put to much hope in it, but for me its worth a try.
(the beta sclerobion if someone wonders is: one capsule contains: Vit C 100 mg, Vit E 25i.u., Selenium 150 mcg Manganese 1.5 mg, Beta Carotene 5 mg, Copper 1 mg, Chromium Picolinate 200 mcg
and the fudic cream is an antibacteria cream)

crashbandit

So a doctor needs to prescibe this stuff? Would an insurance company cover this? Let us know what you think of it after trying it for abit.

Thanks Luciano
Cheers

Luciano

Well here in europe, depening of your insurance, they will cover anything.
If you only have public healthcare, then there are only certain products that are covered.
If the product is more than $7, You pay like $7 per product and the rest is payed for by insurance.

But if you have a complementary insurance, you still have the basics like above, but if you are in hospital you can have single room, or you can choose a doctor that does not have a contract with public insurance.
In my plan for instance, they also cover up to $3000 a year on all the stuff that a doctor would prescribe me (even if its not covered by public insurance) Main conditions: It must be sold in a pharmacy AND I have to have a prescription for it.
(but I do pay like extra $300 a month for private insurance)
I dont have the teeth option, (another $200), but if I would I can have up to $8000 done by year covered by private insurance. (like 3 or 4 implants or stuff like that... which is not covered by public insurance).

So I guess thats why he got a prescription (allthough what I described above is Austria only, but germany etc.. have similar systems)

L.