Hello, recently diagnosed with peyronies

Previous topic - Next topic

DWA911

Hey Guys.

I've recently been diagnosed with Peyronies disease from my urologist. He told me my condition isn't too bad because the degree is only about 20degrees but its still really effecting me. I've been taking l-arganine on and off for a while but haven't really seen any improvement. I apply a coco butter formula that contains Vitamin E as well.

I was just curious to know if there is anything I can try that will decrease the curvature just a little? any success with vitamins,minerals, pills etc.

Thanks

D

Jonbinspain

There are guys here who can provide a more definitive answer. However, do you know at what stage of the disease you are at? In other words, is this fairly recent? Or have you been aware for a while, but only now sought medical advice?

If you are still in the active phase, I believe VED would be your best try at trying to correct or mitigate the curve. Also read up on Pentox, it's highly thought of, and used by most of he guys here in all phases of the disease. Arginine is fine, although I wouldn't hold out too much hope for your formula. Add ALC and CoQ10 also.

Good luck.,let us know any more questions.

jackp

DWA911

The daily VED exercise will help reduce the curve and prevent loss of penile size. Go to the VED section there is a lot of information there. At least do the daily single cylinder exercise posted.

The reduction in the curve and restoration of penile size takes a while so don't get discouraged. As always do not pump to the point of pain or hold the vacuum for longer periods of time. More is not better.

Any questions let us know.

Jackp
http://jackp-penileimplant.blogspot.com

DWA911

Hey guys, thanks for the quick reply, the injury occurred around november last year, I'm relatively new too all these treatments not even sure what VED is but keen to look that up as well as Pentox, I'm a strong believer in positive thinking, i believe you can get through or cure anything with strong will power. I'm an athletic guy don't have any health issues just a bit of a bummer that this happened, but positive i can cure it. My Urologist said my case isn't as bad and would most likely happen to every man who has rough sex. Explained it as wear and tare but has caused a scar that hasn't healed correctly. I do actually own a ultrasound machine because I'm a sports therapist, I asked my urologist about soundwave therapy and he said it can sometimes be used to reduce the pain (which i don't have) but won't cure the curve, the only real treatment is surgery and its too risky.

Cheers

D

Jonbinspain

Amongst us here, surgery is regarded as THE very last resort. Even then only if your problems are so severe that there is no other option. Your Urologist should use ultrasound to determine if there is any calcification of plaque. Hopefully, in your case, there will be little if any.

Your urologist seems to have a slightly cavalier attitude, from what you have told us. I wonder if he would be so cavalier if it were his penis that was bent and painful?  

Again, get yourself on Pentox ASAP, also these may help too CoQ10 or Ubiquinol, ALC, Arginine or Citruline Malate.  Certainly Traction or VED are your first line of attack against the curvature.

20 degrees  is not a disabling curvature. So long as you can achieve and maintain an erection, you don't  have too much of a problem

Skjaldborg

I second the recommendation for pentox. When I came down with Peyronie's at age 29, pain was my primary issue, deformity being secondary. Pentox reduced the pain within a matter of weeks and eliminated pain in a matter of months. It also helped reduce (but not cure) deformity (curvature and hourglassing indentations). Over the counter NSAIDS like Advil can also help with pain. Pain is a sign of inflammation and inflammation can lead to scar tissue so now is the time to use medications like pentox to reduce the chance of worsening. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Best,

Skjaldborg

DWA911

Hey guys

Thanks for the quick replies again. I don't have any pain so i don't need anything for that, my scar or plaque is right at the top of the shaft and i can tell that the blood just wont fill up that area properly which causes the bend (hourglassing). Is Pentox something i will have to get prescription for? or can i get it over the counter or off the internet?. I actually use Citruline malate as a supplement for my gym training didn't know that would help.

Is there an VED anyone would recommend in particular ? i'm a little concerned about using such a device.

Cheers

D

Old Man

DWA911:

Listed below are two sources of two different models of VEDs that I have used as well as others on the forum.
There are protocols listed in the VED board section of the home page index explaining how to use a VED along with a 26 week schedule of therapy sessions for each model of VED.

The sources are:

1. www.diabetessupplies4less.com   The VED shown at this site is the Augusta Medical Systems Vitality Over the Counter one cylinder VED. It carries a limited one year warranty and does not require a prescription to purchase.

2. www.augustams.com   The VED shown at this site is the Augusta SomaSTF (STF means size to fit) three cylinder VED. It carries a limited lifetime warranty, but does require a prescription from a uro or GP doctor stating the VED is to be used for ED AND NOT FOR Peyronies Disease AS IT HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED BY THE FDA FOR Peyronies Disease - ONLY ED.

Search each home page for links showing the VEDs.

The warranties for the above VEDs must be registered with the Augusta company at the time for purchase to validate them. Search each home page for links showing the VEDs.

Both VEDs can and will furnish good therapy for ED as well as Peyronies Disease when used according to the protocols. They are also used to prepare one for implant surgery to help with making a more healthy penis prior to surgery.

Do some research on the main forum about VED usage in order to help you make a decision to use one. In addition there are many VEDs on the market, but the above two have been proven to be of good medical grade quality and are durable.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.