Litani (Updated 08/23/2014)

Previous topic - Next topic

Litani

Age - 49 years old

Age at onset of Peyronies Disease - Not sure.  49 or 46 (see below)

Very First Symptoms

In April 2010, I had painful erections.  I went to a urologist and had so many tests done.  The uro did not even mention Peyronie's disease.  The pain subsided about 6 months later.  

June 28, 2013, I noticed that my penis is curved upwards.  Not sure if the curve is related to the pain I had 3 years before.

My Peyronies Disease progression, Treatments (in order), Doctors, Psychological Stages, observable changes

July 17, 2013

I had a doctors appointment and he confirmed that I have Peyronie's disease.  The curve is about 26 degrees.  He took an X-ray and told me that I have one plaque (10mm x 12mm) located in the distal shaft.  He said there are few sprinkles of calcification (beginning).  He told me I would be a good candidate for Xiaflex in a few months.

Started taking

Pentox (2 per day)
  Vitamin E 400mg (1 per day)
  L-Arginine 1000mg (2 per day)
  Coenzyme Q10 200mg (2 per day)
  Acetyl l-carnitine 1000mg (2 per day)

I know some of them do not have medical proof that they help but my philosophy is if it is not harmful then take it just in case it helps.  It is like throwing spaghetti on the wall to see what sticks.

I used to take multiple Vitamin, Vitamin C, and Fish Oil anyway.  I still take them.

I am very athletic.  I run 3-6 miles 5 times a week.

September 17, 2013

I had a doctors appointment.  The curvature was the same.  I will count it as positive news thinking at least it did not progress.

He increased Pentox to 3 a day.  He also suggested using VED.  I switched Coenzyme Q10 to Ubiquinol.  I also switched Vitamin E to Natural.

October 4, 2013

I added the following supplements:

Propolis 500mg (2 per day)
  Wild Blueberry Extract 100mg (2 per day)

October 9, 2013

Started VED Therapy

January 16, 2014

I had a doctors appointment.  The curve has increased to 30 degrees.

August 20, 2014

I had a doctors appointment.  The curve has increased to 42 degrees.

Increased pentox to 2400 mg.

Psychological affect

the psychological affect of this disease has been hard on me.  I cannot get over it.  It is constantly on my mind.

Also, this disease plays tricks on my mind.  Some days I feel the plaque is getting softer / smaller and other days the opposite.

Where I am today, future plans

I have a follow up appointment in December.  I will post the results of the visit.
Care enough to throw everything you got at this disease but do not care enough to ruin your Life!