anyone take oral Aminobenzoate potassium OTC?

Previous topic - Next topic

MtnSurf

Aminobenzoate potassium is said to help make fibrotic tissue less rigid and was mentioned in a few online medical articles to help treat peyronies

George999

Aminobenzoate potassium is simply POTABA, a highly over rated FDA approved Peyronie's drug.  There are a number of people here who have used it.  It is helpful but doesn't hold a candle to Pentox or CoQ10.

inkhorn

I have not taken pentox yet, but read on the form that some of the side effects, i.e. nausea and anxiety are not tolerable. What say you guys? Thanks Inhorn  

Old Man

Inkhorn:

This post is to relate my personal history with taking Potoba in the past. During a session of Peyronies Disease therapy, my uro prescribed Potoba for me at 6 tablets 3 times a day with meals.

During the course of time, I took 13,000, yes that number is correct. This therapy did absolutely nothing for Peyronies Disease, but thankfully the pills did not upset my gastro system as some have reported it did for them.

I, therefore, have reason to believe that Potoba may do good for some, but not for me personally. It was waste of time and money in which I could have been using some other forum of therapy - maybe VED or other oral therapy, who knows? Finally, one year of VED therapy resulted in my total recovery from Peyronies Disease symptoms. Today, I am as straight as I was before Peyronies Disease struck and with the aid of the VED can have sex any time I desire and have the wife's consent! In fact, my dimensions are somewhat larger than before Peyronies Disease.

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

inkhorn

OM-Thanks-I was kinda leaning away from asking for pentox, because as I have stated elsewhere,I have no pain with the curve. That, I believe, is due to the fact that there is very little feeling there after the prostatectomy. I think I will continue with all the other treatments alone. When I took colchincine, I couldn't hack it. Regards Inkhorn

Njnist

Quote from: inkhorn on August 17, 2013, 08:05:36 PM
I have not taken pentox yet, but read on the form that some of the side effects, i.e. nausea and anxiety are not tolerable. What say you guys? Thanks Inhorn

They are tolerable but after a couple months on it I can't wait to stop. It makes me feel....not right in some way. I get headaches sometimes and I just do not feel as well in general. It did really calm down the inflammation and eliminated almost all the pain.  

chefcasey

One of the many urologists I've seen said he used to prescribe potaba based on some research he'd seen.  He told me he stopped prescribing it after about 40 patients with no results from any of them.