2 questions about traction...

Previous topic - Next topic

MtnSurf

1. If the head of my penis starts to get cold after 45 min should I back off and take a break? It's not changing color just gets cold sometimes.

2. Is it normal to get contraction after you remove the traction device? What I mean is beyond retracting back to it's normal flaccid length. It eventually loosens up again but I've noticed initially after removing the traction device it gets sort of semi hardened, I'm guessing it's some what irritated post stretching.

Thanks for any feedback

Gerd071

I'm suffering from Peyronies Disease for 20+ years also, reading these forums, I started manual stretching the flaccid penis also since a few days.
I experience the same symptoms as MtnSurf in his point 2.

After stretching (about 10 times 2 minutes flaccid stretch) my penis literally curls over the left in an almost 180° bend, it feels semi-hard even while flaccid, and it retracts to a state that almost nothing is left.

I'm really wondering if wearing a stretching device for a couple of hours/day might actually make the plaque to spread more, or make it rebound much worse as it was in the 20+ years "stable" period.

Please, people experienced the same symptoms can enlighten us ? Is this a normal reaction, is it a symptom to warn us that stretching will make things worse ?

funnyfarm

Be careful it definitely made me worse.  Not permanently worse though fortunately.
When you are in tune with the unknown, the known is peaceful.

LWillisjr

MtnSurf,

It's normal. Just take it off for 5-10 minutes to get some blood flow going and then you can put it back on.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

treatpeyronie

I have been having Peyronie's for over two years now. My penis bends downwards. Don't know, may be around 60 degree. I bought Andropeyronie traction device and used it for over 8 months. However, I saw no change in the bend. I think traction device could help only before the collagen hardens. While it is still at the initial stage. If the condition becomes stable, then traction device won't help.

skunkworks

The 'recoil' is mostly due to temperature as far as I know, as it happens a bit for me in winter and not at all in summer. Try with a heating pad or sock full of rice and see how it goes.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]