Hello... thank God for this forum

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastalker

Hi Guys, well....  I"m 35 years old, married 4 years.. I have a 3 yr old daughter and another baby girl on the way. I have a very horny but supportive wife... and my penis is a bent, useless, piece of crap at this point. By the way, that probably a fair summary of how I feel about myself lately.

Never mind sex, I can't even masturbate without pain... I dont know exactly what happend, but over the last 18 months or so my penis began changing.. first pain during sex, then the 'hour glass' shape, them the drastic bend upward.. I still have pain, and sex is officially impossible now.

I fell very alone.. though, thanks to his forum, I feel like maybe there are other like me.. suffering and ashamed.. because it's very shameful isnt it? Even with my wife's support.. let 's face it.. this is just ridiculous of a problem.. it's such a deep, personal problem.. it's really unbelievable.

Well, I've got an appointment with the best surgeon in Toronto in July.. I don't know what he's gonna say or recommend, but I'm counting on him.. that's for sure.

Peyronies Disease is such a crappy  thing to endure.. I actually keep this problem in the back of my mind.. I bury it.. I dont want to deal with it emotionally because it's really too much.

Anyway, there's my vent.. I'm dying here.. brutal.

Jonbinspain

I understand that you're feeling pretty low. This bitch of a disease strikes at the very essence of our manhood. However, your attitude will not help your condition. You have to fight this - starting now.

You say you are seeing a surgeon. Do you mean a Urologist?  If not, I would see one ASAP. You can find a list of those qualified in you area on this forum.

If Peyronie's is confirmed as the diagnosis, I would look to try other treatments before resorting to surgery.

You will need your wife's support, but don't give up!. There are never any guarantees or promises when dealing with this disease. But, it is possible to improve your current condition markedly.

LWillisjr

A 'good' surgeon should also not jump to surgery. I consider Dr. Levine on of the best surgeons, but he will also only suggest surgery as a last resort. He would first recommend the same therapies first as we do here on the forum.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Obsie

Hi Fast

Nice to see you on board. I am a young member to this forum, but I found it an invaluable resource. Everybody here is supportive and if there are matters you do not feel comfortable discussing in public, you can always use Private messages.

Believe me, it feels good to be able to talk openly about our problems. Since your anonymity is totally preserved, you can explain in detail how you feel and those who want will respond. This is what you did, and you will see that the "brotherhood" of men with the same problem as you have can really make a difference.

Feel free to browse through the forums and posts to understand better your own situation. You will compare yourself with others and by doing so you will feel less alone.

Now, the medical treatment is one thing, but as Jonbinspain perfectly described, the psychological issues are very much important. Not only you need your wife's support, but you need also your own. To get there, and stop feeling like the piece of crap you described, there are a few steps that should be taken.

-You are not alone. Hundreds, thousands of men feel and endure or have endured what you are going through. A vast majority of those who, like you, decided to read about the disease and take their penis destiny in their hands by joining this forum, have experienced some kind of healing and a better sex life which can be satisfactory. So, do not despair.

- There are treatments, there are procedures, and ultimately there is hope. Of course, you will probably not go back to the vigor of your twenties, but its is a not a surprise : life is an ever changing event and we all continuously learn to adapt. You will get a healthy sex life back, that is the only thing that matters. In case you cannot imagine that, let me just tell you that things that look impossible are not always that : the scientific literature has reported cases of men who could orgasm after having their penis and testicles surgically removed because of cancer. If they can achieve this, imagine what you can achieve with a penis, even bent with an hourglass shape.

- The support from your wife is essential, but sometimes we have a hard time discussing or explaining the things that touch us the most. However, most women have this nurturing and caring quality that is easy for them to express, when we open up. I have learned that it is better to speak openly about our insecurity to our significant other. Do not hide anything from her, explain in details and in length as well as in depth how you feel regarding this problem, so that she can understand you in full. Open up to her, and she will give you back by showing you how much she loves you, and she will be with you fully on the way to recovery.

-i would also urge you to consider meditation. i think I have already mentioned here a fascinating book about a well known technique, "guided imagery for self-healing" by Martin Rossman. If you follow the scripts described, you will find ways to meditate and be in touch with your penis in a different way. I know it sounds like some californian new age crap, but it costs only the price of a book and if it works you will be glad you tried. I personally believe in this kind of holistic approach described in the book, plus the positive effects of meditations have been scientifically proven by MRI scans. The minimal result you should expect, if you read it, will be to get more strength and morale and allow yourself to heal.

Yes, it is possible to improve markedly, as Jonbinspain wrote. So, you are already on your way !

Old Man

Obsie:

Well said! There is light at the end of the tunnel of Peyronies Disease!

Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

funnyfarm

When you are in tune with the unknown, the known is peaceful.

Fastalker

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate the support and feedback. It is difficult not to lose one's mind during the active phase of Peyronies Disease. I'm hoping that I'll better be able to cope once the progression has ceased.. I remember the initial pain, the diagnosis.. and then the real changes started. Nearly 2 years ago I remember looking at photo's of Peyronies Disease online thinking.. crap, at least I'm not that guy.. and now I am.  Very tough. I dont say much here on the forum because I dont want to be negative.. many of you have past this stage and are in full battle.. and positive about the options outcomes. I have yet to see Dr Grober.. that's coming up in early July. Grober told me via email that he needs at least 2 months beyond active face to even consider surgery. Well, believe me.. I wont be wasting any time with non surgical methods.. no, I will opt for whatever surgery is available and go for broke. Obviously I'm not a Dr. But It's very clear to me that this problem (almost 90 degree bend up, plus hourglass, and shifted in the hourglass - hard to explain but terrible I assure you) will not be corrected with pills of any sort. I need physical repair. I'm beside myself at how terrible my penis looks.. it's incredible. I can hardly masterbate never mind sex. i tried sex for my wife's sake 2 weeks ago, didnt work, had major pain for days afterwards. This is insane.. thank God you guys are here. because as you know, it's a lonely F^@$!ng place to be with Peyronies Disease.