NHS medical protocol. Question for UK based members ?

Previous topic - Next topic

greybeard

I am currently taking Amlodipine for a slightly elevated blood pressure, so will need to check up with the GP if I would have any problem with taking the various supplements listed on the forum as an initial step, while waiting for a urologist to prescribe Pentox.
However, the GP, in the same practice, that gave me the referral to see the urologist is not the one that prescribed the the bp tablets.
Which one should I see to pose the question ?

I know this may seem a small issue, but I think most would agree with me, that keeping all the medicos "on side" is a good thing, and in the UK's NHS situation, with the pressure they are under at the moment, kid gloves treatment may be sensible.

I have a very good rapport with all that I have met in our large practice, and I want to keep it that way.

Grey

ashtown

If you have good relations with your doctors they should be helpful and it's in your interest to keep them onside. On the other hand I've discovered a slightly thick skin can work wonders when dealing with medical staff who are just being awkward. It's not easy at the start but I found circumstances forced me to toughen up and after a while you realise they are more frightened of discussing the Peyronies than you are most of the time. Start gently but if they aren't helpful be prepared to push harder.

All your doctors should have access to the same information on the computer so in theory any of them could deal with this but if there are any special notes they will probably refer to the other doctor.  
Dec 2013 - Replaced all prescribed medicines with plenty of fresh vegetables, sleep and exercise

greybeard

Thanks for your thought ashtown.
It now occurs to me that the possible conflict is with a self-prescribed supplement, rather than a drug that a colleague has prescribed, so it's irrelevant as to what it's for.
While it will be interesting, and maybe informative for the future, it's what I'll do. I'll also sound out her knowledge of Peyronie's while I'm at it  ;)

Grey