My Uro wasn't familiar with Pentox

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveIL

He figured out it was Pentoxifylline, but didn't seem prepared to discuss it as a treatment. Any advice on how to deal with/educate/convince a doctor without coming off like a know-it-all patient? I can only imagine how frustrating it can be for a doctor to have patients who Google things constantly, thinking they know more.

Otherwise, I'm happy with him, so I'd hate to switch doctors. He's familiar with "Larry" Levine's work, since we're both in Chicago (Levine isn't in my network). He also was familiar with ongoing Xiaflex research. For these reasons and our good repoire, I really don't want to switch.

skunkworks

Send him the studies on pentox. Also send him the studies on verapimil that show little to no benefit.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

Hawk

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

George999

ALSO,  I see this as a no brainer.  Just tell him that Dr Levine is very familiar with Pentox treatment for Peyronie's and if he has any questions to talk to Dr Levine AFTER you give him the Pentox documentation mentioned in the previous posts.  - George

Hawk

You did print out the 4 studies didn't you?

Hawk

SteveIL,

I am a bit confused.  What do you mean what material you can find?  I gave you a link in my first post on this topic that has links to all the material right in it so you don't have to look for anything.  Please read that document if you are serious about taking charge of your condition.

Hawk

Njnist

I am wondering if the lack of Uros prescribing pentox is due to the lack of research done by these Uros in regards to peyronies. My kaiser uro (ugh) originally told me to take vitamin e and live with it, and after messaging him to let him know the condition was getting worse he said he had never heard of using pentox before but said that potaba is an option (stuck in their ways!). I am going to message him with a link to those reports and see what he thinks. I really think that they are just not as knowledgeable about our condition but through education perhaps they will open their eyes a bit. I'll let you know when he responds because if a Kaiser uro can be changed then any uro can be changed. (of course I ordered some pentox in the meantime but I would prefer to get the ER from the pharmacy I work at because of slightly lowered cost than the SR I ordered online)