Laser Treatment -Russian

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Here is a repost of the translation of a Russian site posted by Koss who actually received this treatment.  Hopefully I got it all this time.
Фибропластическая индурация полового члена (болезнь Пейрони) и лазеротерапия | UroWeb.ru — Урологический информационный портал.  The original post by Koss can be found here: New one and some things to think - Peyronies Society Forums

I used Google Translate which is far from perfect.
Peyronie's disease (Peyronies Disease) - a violation of the connective tissue of the penis, characterized by fibrosis with local changes in the structure of collagen and elastin damage foundations albuginea of ​​the penis, which gradually changes the anatomy of the penis and can lead to erectile function [Gelbard MK et al., 1990; Lue T.F., 2002].

BP therapy is by far one of the most complex and controversial issues of modern urology, largely due to the lack of a common view on the pathogenesis of the disease, despite the progress made in the understanding of some important mechanisms of Peyronies Disease.

The modern concept of the pathogenesis of Peyronies Disease is considering the formation of plaques in Peyronies Disease as a process, which is a chain of genetic, structural and immunological events, the real reasons for which, however, is unclear.

Magnetic-laser therapy is included in a set of conservative therapy, used to treat the acute phase of the disease. Surgical treatment is used in the stabilization process indurativnyy to correct penile deformation during erection.

After the objective of establishing an acute stage Peyronies Disease through ultrasound angiography or MR imaging of the penis with contrast enhancement is recommended, a third of the diagnostic phase, including immunological study in the volume study of T-lymphocytes and their subsets (CD3, CD4, CD8) cellular immunity and enzyme immunoassay antibodies to HSV-2 and interferon research profile in the volume of research and virus-induced interferon-and mitogen-induced interferon in order to determine the amount of pathogenic therapy of acute Peyronies Disease.

Mandatory component of the course of conservative therapy are magnetolaser impact on the affected area albuginea and vitamin E as an antioxidant therapy. Volume of therapy depends on the availability of penile deformation during erection. In identifying erectile deformation in complex conservative therapy must include injections in the affected intron A or verapamil to stop the regression of fibrosis and albuginea. Please keep in mind that the effectiveness of treatment, as measured by reduction in penile deformation angle will depend on the initial detection of its value will be significantly higher in the intron A than verapamil.

In identifying the chronic infection with HSV-2 should be added to the complex treatment using injections of verapamil antiviral therapy, which greatly increases the effectiveness of therapy in general. Use of injections and the inclusion of intron antiviral therapy does not require the detection of chronic infection with HSV-2, because the drug has a pronounced immunomodulating and antiviral activity. In identifying the cellular immune deficiency and / or a virus-induced interferon-and mitogen-induced interferon gamma is necessary to include in the course of therapy Intron A injection into the affected area, or intramuscularly to conduct controlled studies of cellular immunity and interferon profile 1 time per month.

Ultrasonic monitoring studies in a standardized full recommended every 4 weeks of conservative therapy to control the dynamics of change of plaques indurativnyy possible emergence of new elements, and control the activity of fibroblast-tion of induration. Completing a course of conservative therapy is recommended for establishing the chronic stage of the disease with a mandatory follow-up the patient for a year.

Laser therapy is done by contact, stable, with a magnetic nozzle. Optical range of the radiation - red (wavelength 0.63 mm, radiating head KLO4) biosinhronizirovannaya modulation pulse rate and respiration (block BIO), output power (without modulation) - 20 mW. Induction of a constant magnetic field - 150 mT. The total exposure time - 15 minutes per session, day 1 every day for 2 weeks, then 2 times a week.

Intron A injections in the affected area albuginea 2 times a week at a dose of 1 to 3 million IU of interferon under the control of performance status. Verapamil injections into the affected area albuginea 2 times a week at a dose of 2.5 mg.

Ultrasound monitoring of the penis with the use of ultrasound-cal angiographic techniques to assess the activity indurativnyy process conducted one time per month during the course of therapy. Establishing a stable phase of the disease is the basis for the termination of the course of conservative therapy. The average exchange rate scheme interferon is 40 to 60 million IU [Ivanchenko, LP, 2007].
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

koss

I think I'll continue in this topic.
My story is here - https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,3256.0.html

My first ultrasound study was is January 2013. As result of it, I have a clot (thrombosis) in the middle of penis. After that I started laser therapy for 10 sessions. This plaque became softer, I hadn't have any pain at all during erections. After that I came home and had sex (my mistake as I can see). After the second sex I have a new pain under the head of penis (it was a new plaque).

Now I have a palpable plaque. If I press it be fingers, I almost have no pain. If I press the new second, the pain is much bigger.
One week ago I moved back again to laser. Before it I took sessions of ultrasound and electrophoresis. And in the end of it I had the ultrasound study.

This study have shown that the first plaque is not thrombosis, as the doctor said "It has no shadow on ultrasound" and if I did't say it before study in January, the doctor had't talk about it at all. So the main problems are under the head, where there are a lot ot of small thrombosis (there was may be one big and it was destroyed by laser, who knows).

My doctor said it's a very good improvement, so I'll continue do laser, electrophoresis, and ultrasound. Then I'll take one more ultrasound study to see the results.

koss

StraightAhead

Do you mind sharing the ultrasound?  Posting the picture?  I have an upcoming appointment and Id like to know what I am in for.

Quote from: koss on April 04, 2013, 04:17:17 AM
I think I'll continue in this topic.
My story is here - https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php/topic,3256.0.html

Modified!!! We are not answering by quoting an entire post. Moderator

LWillisjr

Click on my weblink to the left of every post. There I have documented what I went through including the first ultrasound experience. PM me if you have questions.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History