can tight penis skin cause congenital curvature?

Previous topic - Next topic

NGJ

i've was circumsized as a baby and my penis was staight until around 16 when is began to curve? could tight skin as i've grown cause this? if so what treatments are there outside of surgery?

LWillisjr

There are conflicting opinions on this. I know some men would swear that their "tight skin" caused their curvature. I frankly find this hard to believe. As you grow, your skin stretches to accommodate your size. This isn't just true of your penis, but also over the rest of your body. I know as I have aged and added more weight than I would like, my skin has stretched to accommodate my new body girth.

I know many people who have lost significant weight have to consider a skin tuck because the skin has stretched out to accommodate the larger size and now doesn't contract back.

So I'm a proponent that your skin stretches adequately, and doesn't contribute to any penile curvature.

Les
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Hawk

I echo everything Les said and add that I find it difficult to believe that you could not wrap your hand around your penis to masturbate and grip the shaft and move the skin back and forth on the shaft to some degree.  If so then the skin did not even have the tension drawn out of it.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums