Travel for surgery

Previous topic - Next topic

cs65

This question is for those of you who have had to travel a long distance for surgery (by air or a very long drive).  How long after the surgery did you need to stay in town where surgery was performed?  How many recovery days did you need before you felt well enough to travel back home?  Was travel back home difficult?

I ask becauase I'm considering surgery, and may need to travel a long distance for it.

Thanks.

Hawk

For one thing, I think it probably matters what kind of surgery, Nesbit, Graft, implant,
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

LWillisjr

Hawk is correct, it depends on the type of surgery. I know when I had my grafting surgery it was done as outpatient in the morning and I was on my way home that afternoon. I know of another guy who also had grafting surgery. He flew in from California the day before to complete some pre-op tests. Had the surgery the following morning, stayed that night in the hospital and flew home the following day.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Noway

For me I would travel for surgery and take the extra time to find the best doctor for the particular surgery your doing. You can get a butch doctor and have infection and lose your penis for good which happen to one guy.