Happy to have found this resource.

Previous topic - Next topic

illusion

By way of a quick introduction:

I am 53 years old, and am in the process of completing a Ph.D. in Public Policy here in the U.S.
I am fortunate enough to have a wife who is a physician, and who was able to diagnose this problem rather quickly... about 5 months or so ago.
Stress from the dissertation process has really kept me from delving into this issue in great detail, but I am in a quiet period waiting for human research approval related to my dissertation, so I thought I would do some web surfing... and here I am.

Thus far, the disease has been tolerable.  The most noticeable impacts from the disease include mild to moderate pain during erection and mild pain for a short period (an hour or so) after the loss of erection.  The pain is not sufficient to cause me to lose an erection or even sufficient to make me want to avoid erections.  In addition, I find that the variety of sexual positions that can be accomplished is severely restricted.  In fact, I seem to be limited to the missionary position or a "T" position with my wife on her back (acting as the vertical portion of the T) and me on my side (acting as the horizontal portion of the T).  I can feel the fibrous portion of the plaque when flaccid.  I haven't measured the angle of the curvature, but it is up and slightly to the left of center.  I photographed the curvature slightly after onset so I have some baseline.  I need to complete a quantifiable measurement.  With respect to the triggering event, I can recall no instance where noticeable trauma occurred prior to the onset, and I suspect it must have been a relatively minor event.  I am blood type A-Pos.

I am in the process of finding an acceptable urologist here in Arizona.  In addition, I will begin the OTC treatments immediately, and am hopeful about the trial results I have read regarding Xiaflex.  I will spend some time reviewing the forum before asking any questions.

Well... that's about it for now.  I am happy to have located this resource.

Joe

Hawk

Joe,

Welcome to the forum.  I am sorry you need these resources but I remember what it was like trying to get reliable information before we were here.  My observations are largely anecdotal but the number of men that report Peyronies Disease in connection with stress related events is phenomenal.  Other injuries, diagnoses, divorces, job loss.  Like shingles it seems it lurks waiting for the worst time to manifest its mischief.

If there is anything we can do to help let us know.

Hawk

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Hawk

Joe you might try this Doctor.  I have no personal knowledge of him except that he has been mentioned as having a specific interest Peyronies Disease in his practice.  Not sure if concentrates on surgery, injections, or more conservative approaches.  I would think with a spouse as a physician you can properly get Pentox and have its use and effects directly monitored.

Peter J Burrows MD
Tucson, AZ
Vasectomy Tucson - Arizona Center for Vasectomy and Urology - Tucson, Arizona

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

illusion

Thanks Hawk. I live in the Phoenix area, but if I can't find a urologist who is up to speed on the latest pyronie's treatments, I will gladly take the two hour drive to Tucson. I have asked my wife about pentoxifylline and if she feels there are no contraindications, I may allow her to experiment on me. :-)

Joe