12 year peyronies history

Previous topic - Next topic

BCJ

I've had Peyronie's for 12 years (I am 34 now) and have only recenly (after it started progressing again) found this forum and better urologists to persue treatment.  Im quite certain my condition started in ~ 2001 when I was pulling my flacid penis and contracted the PC muscles. I felt a sharp pain on the left side.  I had pain for the next year, then bending started and stabilized at about 10 degrees to the left. The urologist told me nothing could be done and vitamint E might help.  I didnt have much plaque at this point, maybe a little hardening / toughening.

In ~2010-2011 I developed a pea sized lump which was fairly soft, but did not affect curverature.  I saw another urologist who said there was not much that could be done and verapamil might be an option if it got worse.
In Nov 2012 the pea sized lump abruptly hardened, a tough band formed from the lump going down to the base, the curve increased to ~20-25 degrees, and pain incresed quite a bit.  I freaked out / got depressed, found a better doctor and am now on pentox 3x400 and ubiquinol.  It helped the pain, and it seems to straighen out a little more now when fully erect.  I am also flying out to chicago next month to see Dr. Levine as I think the proactive approach with ultrasound etc. makes sense.

I tried traction, but I seem to slowly develop pain in the lump and cord after about a week of streaching at ~600-800 g force for 2-4 hours per day.  The discomfort became unpleasant enough that I was afraid I was aggrivating the situation.

Any thoughts or comments are welcomed.
This forum has been quite helpful. Thank you to all contributors and adminstrators.
BJC

Jason2

Hey BCJ,

I was just wondering how is has the progress been coming along. Any improvement using penile traction or other medicine?  

BCJ

Pentox helped with the pain.  I may have straightened slightly - Its only been about 9 weeks.
I really wanted traction to work, but it seems to make me progressively uncomfortable.  I had to stop after about a week of use.

MattFoley

If you're seeing results within 9 weeks, then I would say that it great news considering some us don't see anything for many months if at all. Good luck on your continued healing. :)
Got Testosterone?

Sargonnas

QuoteIm quite certain my condition started in ~ 2001 when I was pulling my flacid penis and contracted the PC muscles.

Why were you doing this? It sounds like Penis Enlargement exercises. More evidence grows regarding the fact that they can start "chronic" conditions in the penis.

BillyBob2

I have to agree with Sargonnas.  Though I have never used traction or VED, theoretically I would think the traction for stretching could very easily result in new injuries thus more scar tissue.  VED can also cause injuries BUT as long as application is no more than what is needed for inflating the penis then I agree with it's use.  Traction itself I do see some beneficial application but my thinking is that I would only use it as a last resort to avoid surgery.. just my opinion.  Other than removing scar tissue and eliminating curvature I feel one HUGE goal is to NOT cause more injury.  I'm sure some of the guys on here have and will go to extremes to overcome this condition and I certainly can't blame them... we all want ANYTHING that works!

Hawk

I cannot see how anyone could possibly include traction or the VED as extreme measures.  Both are recommended by experienced doctors specializing in Peyronies Disease.  Dr. Levine one of the single best known Peyronies Disease doctors in North America conducted a small study of traction with far better results than VI or many other treatments.  The Peyronies Disease Society has been the leader in education and support over the last 7 years.  In that time, Pentox, the VED, and Traction, have without argument been the most effective non-surgical treatments we have seen reported for Peyronies Disease.

At this stage in the history of the war against Peyronies Disease you cannot eliminate those 3 treatments and surgery, without essentially giving up the fight.  Others that are new to this fight may consider these extreme but I consider them the foundation of a treatment protocol.  The handful of supplements, and lifestyle changes while important, are to support those three treatments.  Without those, the other things are very unlikely to stop, much less reverse the process and the penile deformity that it causes.

Hawk
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

LWillisjr

I absolutely agree with Hawk. Traction doesn't mean hanging a 10lb weight on your penis. Trauma to trigger Peyronies is from a "kink" or abrupt bend resulting in damage to the Tunica. Much like bending a soda straw until the side gives.

Traction is used to apply gentle tension to your penis over an extended time period. Either traction or VED therapy is the #1 first approach to treating Peyronies disease.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

BillyBob2

I'd say that how extreme these measures are depends on how extreme a Peyronies Disease victim's disease has progressed.  As I said before.. a last resort before surgery.  IMO, a lot of what will be used by a person depends on that person's choice and education on the subject. What works for one may or may not work for another.  Someone who wants to try too much too quick because they're overly anxious to get "well" could easily cause injury and result in a worse case of Peyronies Disease or other problems.  The key word for this is CAUTION.

Hawk

Name a treatment you think would be less extreme than the 3 treatments that I mentioned in my post.

Noway

billybob2

If you have to do ved and traction caustiously obviously and what you say makes sense but it was already said. If you follow traction and ved theres no need to get hurt. You need to try multiply treatments to see which one suits you the best.  

Hawk

Wit Peyronies Disease it is not even a matter of rotating several treatments to see which ones work.  It is a matter of trying several first line treatments as indicated in the forum's MUST READ BEFORE YOU POST - Information for new members - Peyronies Society Forums

Peyronies Disease must be hit from several angles.  There are few single approaches that are going to stop and reverse damage and I include Pentox and even surgery in that.  I hope the link above makes that clear.  If it doesn't I need to to edit it.