How do you know when to increase the tension and how do yo do it?

Previous topic - Next topic

panther

I have the quick extender pro and wear it 2 hours a night.  Last night I noticed that I don't feel as much strecth as I first did when I started using it.  I had to start with no extensions due to my small length.  Should I add some??  Also when you are in the device is it better for the penis to be hanging or going straight out??

DO

I have yet to figure this out, so I do varrious placements durring the time  I have it on!

Hawk

OK Guys,  This is both important and simple.

To put it on you telescope the tension rods, strap it on and let go (I know, it does seem to be tricky but you will get the hang of it) (no pun intended).

There are likely 3 marks on the tension rods.  Turn the tension screws until the rods telescope to lets say the 2nd mark.  As you stretch a little, turn some more until you maintain tension to that second mark.  Over time and stretch (weeks), you will notice you have to extend the tension screws a long way to compress the tension rods to that same 2nd mark.

Now it is time to configure a slightly longer tension rod by using some combination of extensions.  You will now see that you don't have to screw the tension screws out as far to depress the telescoping tension rods to that 2nd mark.

Is that clear or do I have to reword it?  I want to make sure you get this because it is important.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

fetus

Hi.

I have read several times about "marks" on the extension rod. I have the Androextender and can't see any marks. I have no idea about how to work the springs. As I see it, I can dismantle the thing, but this device does not give me any potions of really knowing what pressure it exerts.  
Am I just doing everything wrong...

I started as the guide states --- two cm bellow my erect length – or so... and have added 0.5 rods until where I am now.... I think I am about my erect length now... I can move around a bit.... Am just experimenting using it in the office --- though sitting down is more uncomfortable.... And hate the little to no support in the proper use of this device.....

I am at the moment reluctant to add more length... though I have added a few millimetres by turning the knobs at the base....

Again... I am confused of the proper use.... The instructions I got from my doctor were to from the "stretched length" add rods to start off. But I never understood what the "stretched length" is. Is this the same as length of erection – in which case sound too aggressive to start off with.
Still confused.. Hope my small worsening of curve is not related to incorrect use.
On the side... since coming off Trental, I am experiencing more pain.... Slightly more bend (I think) and hence more anxiety....

Have an appointment to start VI next week... again more doubts....

skunkworks

This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

mike67

I don't know what I can add to Hawk's detailed instructions but will give you my own findings after using the FastSize Extender for almost 1 year. And that was to correct "residual curvature " after my graft surgery last Feb 2 to correct a 90 degree curvature to the right. My story is detailed in the My Story segment on the Forum home page.
The fast Size also has the spring loaded rods mentioned by Hawk. What I did , as there were no markings on my device , was mark the screw part of the long rod with a marker pen so that when I screwed the rod to the longest possible , I could stop at the marks and not have it fall apart. I stretched my flacid penis as far as I could to get it to sit in the saddle of the device. The point is to start adding little extenders as you feel comfortable . Don't add more than your penis can bear comfortably , bearing in mind that stretch is the name of the game for success. The whole idea of the thing is to simply add bits as you progress. You will know if you have gone too far. Don't go crazy and cause yourself injury. It takes time and patience but I believe I have achieved the desired results after using mine for almost 1 year.
I only used my flacid penile length stretched to it's limit to determine how many rods to use. So I believe what your doctor meant by stretched length is simply that. Not at erection length.  I would never wear it at night when expecting those nightly , uncontrollable erections.
I hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if there is anything at all I can help you with .
Mike

Mikey

Hawk

I would be more than annoyed at an extender that had no marks on the tension rods so you can tell exactly how much tension is being exerted at any time with a glance.  If necessary I would put 3 marks on my tension rods with tape, an engraver, or a permanent industrial marker.

I was looking for a video clip that make all of this more clear, one that we could keep a link to but this is the best I found.  Hopefully it will help some.  Look a the BOTTOM TWO videos.  The rest are crap.

Here is a decent demo video Video-x4extender.net

Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

skunkworks

Hey fetus, just replying to the traction part of your PM here as others may have the same question/issue with the andropenis device.

I hunted out a photo of it, as I could not fathom a traction device manufacturer making one without tension marks, but to my surprise indeed they do:

The best I can suggest that you do is get a kitchen scale and a black marker and push the traction device down on the scale and mark with the pen when it hits 1000g, 1200g, and 1500g. I will take a photo of how to do this as the instructions probably are not all that clear (picture is a thousand words and all that).
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]