Traction after Nesbit procedure

Previous topic - Next topic

wkurtka

Hi I have a query regarding traction use after Nesbit procedure surgery of congenital curvature. Is it safe to use this traction then and is there any risk of getting the curvature back? I mean to start the traction 2 months after the surgery to let the tunica albuginea accrete properly. Is this a good idea and anyone who had an experience with such case?

Regards

Hawk

Personally I would either ask your surgeon or ask a surgeon that (A) performs Nesbit procedures and (B) Generally supports the use of traction.  For instance Dr. L. Levine fits that criteria.  I have never heard that he supports the use of traction AFTER a Nesbit however so I am unsure.

What I would not do is just accept some random opinion of someone off the internet that had not establish a long track record of being legitimate.  If I was sure someone was really a patient of Dr. Levine and he claimed to have a direct answer to that question I would accept that.

Without such an OK I personally would NOT use traction after a Nesbit.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

zzzz

Dear wkurtka & Hawk,

i'm new here. I got a Nesbit 6 weeks ago. I was warned in advance that I could lose some length of my erect penis (which I did but not that much). I'm surprised though that my flaccid penis is much shorter. I don't have to tell you what all this means in terms of feeling depressed, less of a man (the whole psycho-babble - I'm a therapist myself ;-)).

Anyway I was wondering if I could use something like the FastSize Medical Extender for getting some of my length back even it was just 1 cm. And if it would be safe to do so. So I have the same question as you, wkurtka

Hope somebody can help us

Hawk

Zzz,

Welcome to the forum.  

Again,  I would never follow up a surgical procedure on my penis with traction, without discussing with my surgeon.  He knows exactly what he did in there and the effect traction might have.  If for instance your penis is being held straight by non-absorbable sutures, they will not stretch.  If your penis is straight or curved toward the suture side then traction will be placed on the sutures.  (Traction first focuses on the shortest side of the penis.). If you put traction on the sutures, what will happen first?  Will the sutures tear out or would the tissue around the sutures stretch?  I have no clue.

I think the time for more aggressive traction is before surgery.  If I were going to risk it without talking to my surgeon, I would use something very low tension worn over a longer period like the Phallosan but I have no experience with that device.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

BrooksBro

I had plication surgery several months ago.  I gave some thought to using traction or VED to restore some of the lost length.  I decided against using it.  My concern was increasing the length of the side without the sutures (where the plaque still remains in the tunica albugenia), which would then give me a curve towards the side with the sutures.  It is what it is, and at least now I can have penetrative sex with my wife, to our mutual satisfaction.  I believe there to have been some very slight loss of sensation, which has the "benefit" of taking me longer to orgasm.  Neither of us are upset about that delay.  

MattFoley

Quote from: Hawk on January 26, 2013, 06:16:35 AM
I would use something very low tension worn over a longer period like the Phallosan but I have no experience with that device.

Thanks for that heads up, Hawk. I'm gonna talk to my urologist to see if somehow the health plan might cover something like that.
Got Testosterone?