IRB/FDA Medical Study - Need volunteers

Previous topic - Next topic

HybridMedical

Hello,
My name is Joel Buckley, board member Hybrid Medical.  We are just about to start an IRB endorsed/FDA compliant 3 month study for our new drug, H-100.  All elements have been around for a long while, are very safe and FDA compliant.  We need volunteers, hopefully in the Acute stage, more specifically 1-3 months in AND live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.  I realize this is a very small segment, but thought I'd at least post if anyone can help.  Our research has shown that H-100 has a very high success probability, now we need to start trials to prove it out.  

Please do contact me if you qualify or know anyone that does.  Thank you for your time and support as we try to find a solution for Peyronies Disease.

Joel
jbuckley@hybridmedicalmn.com

Weblink delete by administrator

Hawk

My inclination is to ban you as a spammer.  You fail to exercise normal Internet protocol and contact administrator or moderators before posting links to a page that has nothing to do with FDA trials.  instead it promotes your product.  you further fail to even be up front about your product and tell people exactly what it is.  Your website is likewise deliberately vague. The  description however indicates it is a "topical compound known to remodel plaque".

This all sounds suspiciously like nothing more than another lucrative push for pushing transdermal verapamil (tv).  TV has had a dismal record of doing nothing other than reducing the lump in ones billfold.  Even Verapamil injection have a dismal record.  Furthermore, anyone pretending to conduct an FDA study based on a hand full of people in one city must be delusional.  

I am personally interested in anyone that gets this medication free because I suspect it is nothing but a draw to sell you something worthless at a steep price.
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

HybridMedical

Hawk,
I thank you for the passionate feedback.  I thought I was following the rules, in fact I went through the forum to find a "help/contact us" which I did for 3 purposes:  1) Introduce myself, 2) Make sure I'm following any protocols/rules, 3) Find out if there's anything else I can do.  I ended up having a good conversation with Stan on the phone.  It is not my intent to abuse what I perceive as a much needed and great forum.  As for what we're doing, it is purposely vague due to intellectual property at this point.  I can assure you all our efforts are in the highest ethical and moral standards.

I understand and respect your position and will follow any further protocols you request as we legitimately pursue a cure.  It was not our intent to deceive.

Thank you,
Joel

Hawk

Quote from: HybridMedical on December 10, 2012, 09:35:00 AM
Hawk,
I thank you for the passionate feedback.  I thought I was following the rules, in fact I went through the forum to find a "help/contact us" which I did for 3 purposes:  1) Introduce myself, 2) Make sure I'm following any protocols/rules, 3) Find out if there's anything else I can do.  I ended up having a good conversation with Stan on the phone.

Joel, who is Stan?  Are you speaking of Stan Harden and are you confusing him as having an association with the Peyronies Disease Society, or am I misreading your post??  What does speaking to Stan have to do with posting links on this forum?

Next Joel, if you have a product you believe to help Peyronies Disease you are welcome to say so here  but you are expected to cut through the sales bluster and hype and clearly state what it is.  We are not so uninformed here that phrases like " substances known to reduce plaque" and " a new transport substance" are going to impress anyone.  

You are welcome to speak plainly, cut the hype, and respond to questions.  That's how it works here.  We don't entertain people hyping snake oil and promoting false hopes for a profit.

1. What is the active drug?
2. What is the transport?
3. What is you evidence it penetrates the tunica and that it works?

Hawk

HybridMedical

Hawk,
I've obviously worded things the wrong way for you and seemed to upset you instead of my real objective which is to recruit patients for a clinical study.  I will delete my account and continue with our original traditional methods.  

My apologies and wish continued success for your forum.

Joel

Hawk

Hmmmm,

I have retread my last post twice and don't see how anyone would get the idea I was upset.

It was a clear, calm, matter-of-fact, series of questions.  it also included two very brief statements. One clarifying our lack of any official connection with Stan Harden, and another clarifying our policy and terms for allowing commercial vendors to post on the forum.  Other vendors have had no issues with that.  If you choose to leave rather than answer questions, others will be left to draw their own conclusions about this entire topic.

Hawk

HybridMedical

Hawk,
In the effort of defending my reputation:
1.  If you re-read my original post, I am not selling anything, I clearly give full disclosure that I am board member of a medical company, we're searching for volunteers in the acute state Peyronies Disease and if you go to our website (which I do not list) there is NOTHING for sale.  We are in investigative/trial stage.  No sales jargon, no slick sales talk, no B.S.
2.  If you read my second post, I explain I was worried about following the rules (BEFORE) I posted the first one so I went through your forum to find "Help/Contact Us".  I could not find an EASY contact us, so I went back to the original post thread and saw a "If any questions, contact me at ___________".  Which I did explaining I want to introduce ourselves.  Apparently, this was not you, it was Stan.  
3.  I did not post Stan's last name due to confidentiality.
4.  Our product is in patent pending stage, thus I can not disclose the active ingredients, how it works, delivery system, etc.  This is proprietary information that will be disclosed by NDA or when patent is published.  

Again, I'm not selling anything, I'm attempting to recruit acute stage Peyronies Disease patients to take part in a study in the Twin Cities, MN area.  This seems like a needle in the hey-stack since this forum is international, but I thought I'd give it a try.  I apologize if I did not follow the rules or protocols but it was not intentional, in fact I was trying to be proactive by reaching out to the web owners.  If recruiting patients on this website requires us giving out proprietary information, then I will go back to our traditional recruiting methods as explained before.  No harm, no foul.

Thank you for your feedback and protecting your forum so closely.  I can appreciate this very much in keeping the credibility high.  Keep up the good work.

Joel

Hawk

Joel,

This seems tedious but I need to clarify a few things.  First, I will be beyond shocked if you find anything on our website that links to anyone named "Stan".  If you do and paste the link you will be providing a great service to me because he has never had any slight roll in this site since I launched it 7 years ago.  Further, Stan Harden openly and frequently posts his name and photograph so he has no concern with maintaining confidentiality of his last name.  He is associated with an entirely separate  site.  I am sure that you somehow started on one site and ended up on another and confused the two in your mind.  They have NO association.  Our contact information is found at Contact Us
You can further send a "Private Message" to the administrator of any forum and contact them in that manner.

Concerning your statement "if you go to our website (which I do not list) there is NOTHING for sale. " Your website WAS listed until I deleted the link in your first post.  The link I deleted went to your site.  It specifically linked to a page designed solely to promote H100 with both text and video presentation.  \

It seems we are splitting hairs or playing semantics between promotes/sells.
Question:  Does your company sell H100 ?

If you care to continue this conversation here, that is fine.  It would seem more professional to continue it in private.  You can send me a private message if you prefer.

Our Policy is simple.  Unlike many sites, We welcome for profit companies if they first contact the administrator and work out a few rules.

Generally we allow/require them to:
clearly state what product their company sells/promotes.  
Post a link to their site
Answer questions from members
refrain from spamming the forum with repeated links
If you solicit members for any reason you must outline the expectations and considerations of both parties including any agreement or contract that will be presented to those answering the solicitation.

This is the minimum we owe our members who trust us to protect the integrity of this site.

We failed to get a good start because of your confusion between two unrelated sites and failure to contact the correct party. This was likely an honest mistake that led to your failure to explain exactly what is in your product.  This understandably raised a red flag since one of our most time consuming jobs is to stop spammer attacks and snake oil peddlers.

HybridMedical

Hawk,
Ah, yes, now I see the confusion!  My fault.  As you can already tell, I'm not great at forums and deciphering the right places to go as there are many corridors.  

Tell you what, I'm going to just chalk this up to a misunderstanding on my side and move on to our more traditional volunteer recruiting locally.  Again, needle-in-the heystack here and my efforts would best be served staying local.  But, I do really like and respect the integrity you put into this site.  Keep it up and I may be back some day and WILL contact you this time.

Thanks and take care,
Joel

Hawk

Joel, I also wish success in any endeavors your company makes toward producing improved treatments for Peyronies Disease.

I leave members and readers with these thoughts.  After a long back and forth exchange we never got an answer to a single one of these direct, easy questions.
Quote from: Hawk on December 10, 2012, 11:22:14 AM
1. What is the active drug?
2. What is the transport?
3. What is you evidence it penetrates the tunica and that it works?

We also never got any specifics on the contractual agreement between the company and and those solicited for this "study".
4. Is there any cost to you?
5. Would some get a placebo for 3 months, if so would you later get the drug free of charge?
6. Would you stop all other forms of treatment?

I frankly have no good explanation for why such questions were never directly answered during this exchange.  I do note that this company lists Dr. Levine as an "adviser" but I saw no details on his role or approved use of his name. I leave it to the members to evaluate for themselves the legitimacy of this company but I would not get involved unless they demonstrated an attitude of full disclosure and cooperation in answering these basic questions.  I think any objective medical personnel would agree.

If this product is Verapamil and if it is totally free for the trial, I do think there is little to lose other than time and possible interruption of your other treatment.  While topical verapamil has a very dismal record, there are almost no reports of negative side effects.  Its problem is that it does nothing, so it seems to be safe.

I will leave the email address as posted in the first post in case any care to contact Mr. Buckley.

Hawk

pey ron

Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

LWillisjr

This is now locked as an introductory topic.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History